cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Register Virgin Media account Error code DEF01

Kirsty0702
Joining in

I became a new customer on the 20/04/2022 and received a welcome email along with my Virgin Media contract. I received my new hub on the 10/05/2022 and set it up with no issues. 

I did however receive 2 hubs with my order for some reason. One package with the power supply etc, and one package with just the hub by itself. Not sure why?

I have been trying to register an account since receiving my order with no luck. Originally when first trying it said "Sorry to see you leave" (Despite me not having an account with Virgin media previously).

Recently when trying to register an account I get the error code DEF01. I've tried clearing history and cookies, trying different browsers and trying on the app, like other forum posts have suggested, and still no luck.

I need help registering an account and having access to said account

Thanks in advance.

I haven't had any emails from Virgin Media since receiving the welcome email on the 20/04/2022). I've had no bills or anything (despite my welcome email saying my bill would arrived on the 23/05/2022 which was yesterday)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for clarifying @Kirsty0702

We have recently been making some improvements to the functionality of our website so this may account for the issue you are having.

Could you advise which link you are using to register?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Kirsty0702, 

thank you for your post and a warm welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you are struggling to make an online account.

So you have tried those options which are great does it give you the same error code on every browser and device you have tried? 

Have you tried a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters.  I would keep it as simple as can you. Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I get the same error code on every browser I try. I can't even get to the part of making a password. I put in my account number, area reference, last name and email I used when I placed my order. Then it takes me to the error code.

Screenshot_20220524-151123_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for clarifying @Kirsty0702

We have recently been making some improvements to the functionality of our website so this may account for the issue you are having.

Could you advise which link you are using to register?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I try do it through the virgin app, and through typing it on Google. I never got sent an email from virgin to register an account (not sure if I'm supposed to get one?) 

Hey Kirsty0702, thank you for the update. Regrading your email when you signed you up to Virgin Media you can use that email.

Also as mentioned above we have been making some changes to our site which has been affecting issues like this. 

You will also need all your information which will be located on the welcome / confirmation email you got from us when you joined. You will need this information to sign up to it.

The password side you could try something like this Try a different password. Certain things are too guessable to be allowed. No special characters, only letters and numbers, MUST begin with a letter, try keeping it between 8-10 characters. I find the simpler the better. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

It doesn't let me use the email I used to place my order. I can't even get to the point of making a password.

When I tried to register this morning I got the message "We're sorry to see you go"

I've never had a Virgin media account before, so I'm very frustrated that I can't just simply register an account and view my account and bills.

I'm unsure what the issue is as I use the correct email and the information given to me in the welcome email.

Screenshot_20220525-091515_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey Kirsty0702, thank you letting me know.

Are you getting to the part where it will ask you for your account information such as area reference for example?

Or does it not let you get pass where you literally put the email in?

If its still not working don't worry we can get this looked into for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Sometimes it asks for my account number, area reference etc first then my email address. Sometimes it asks for my email address first. Both lead to the same error code or message saying "Sorry you're leaving"

Thanks for coming back to us @Kirsty0702

Please can you try via this link here, to see if you get the same error message or not?

Regards,

Steven_L