cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Create Account - Live Chat Down?

smacaman
Joining in

I signed up to Virgin Broadband in March for a property I only moved into a week ago.

Last week I attempted to use my billing account information to create my online Virgin Account. When attempting to do so, the system advises me my information is wrong.

I used the live chat service and a bloke told me he would raise a ticket and a complaint regarding the issue. I've been given a Complaint Number and an IT Ticket number, but i've recieved no call, nor can i find my way back to the Live Chat service (is that down?)

In any case, what do I need to do? I need to access the online account functionality. I'm being billed, so it should be easy to verify me as a customer.

Thanks,
Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smacaman,

Thank you for speaking to me about this issue via Private Message!

After running a few checks, we were able to register you up for an online account! 

I'm happy to hear that you can access it now! 

Please let us know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

ClarenceWillis
Joining in

If you're having problems signing in, first make sure you're using the latest version  but can't sign in - you might have multiple accounts (and not even know it).

official website

Definitely can't be the case. I'm a first time customer.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Sam,

Sorry to see you are having problems creating your account.

The VM systems are set up to accommodate a 9 digit account number. There have been instances where the account number is only 8 digits.

If that's the case with your good self then try inputting a leading zero, eg 012345678

Also when registering, your chosen password needs to be between 8 to 10 characters long, letters and numbers only, no spaces. And the first character must be a letter.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smacaman,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with your online account!

Please let me know how you're getting on with @newapollo 's suggestions and let me know if this resolved your ability to sign up to your online account.

If you're still having issues, please get back to us and we'll be more than happy to look into this for you.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Hi Dave, I've just double checked and my account number is indeed 9 Digits long. Appreciate the thought though.

When speaking to the Live Chat dude the other week they flat out said "this is a technical issue" and that "I would be contacted within 5 Days by phone". It's all very...old fashioned.

Are you aware of any issue with the LiveChat service as I've been unable to find it while checking today. I was hoping to simply go on that, quote my Ticket Numbers and find out what's going on.

It's pi**ing me off tbh. haha.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smacaman,

Thanks for coming back to us about your online account issue. I completely understand your frustration.

You can look into our Live Chat option via our website to see if this can help.

I will be able to look into this for you at the moment. I will send you a Private Message to discuss this issue further. 

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @smacaman,

Thank you for speaking to me about this issue via Private Message!

After running a few checks, we were able to register you up for an online account! 

I'm happy to hear that you can access it now! 

Please let us know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team