cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Live Chat

KillingJoker
Tuning in

I've spent all morning trying to resolve a complaint I raised with VM regarding being charged for a 2nd Set Top Box which became unsupported in July last year.

After it became unsupported, my bill was never reduced as promised in a letter I received from VM and I am now trying to get a refund for overpayment.

I've spoken with VM several times about this chasing up a resolution (I never got a response to my emails) and was this morning advised to use the Live Chat facility to get a speedy resolution to my complaint. 

I've looked everywhere for a link to Live Chat but can't find one anywhere. The 'Message us your issue' section on the Complaints webpage (https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint) only seems to have a symbol (no link) against it.

Really frustrated!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's working for me on a PC, using Chrome.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's working for me on a PC, using Chrome.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi newapollo

I tried Chrome earlier but I don't get the red button appearing under Live Chat on either Firefox or Chrome. I also disabled some security plug-ins as suggested by a good friend of minein case Live Chat was being blocked.

I'll have another go with another browser (might try Edge next time) but the VM rep I spoke to this morning also couldn't see an active button to press when she looked into it either!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Killing Joker,

I hope this helps. Q

I clicked on the red Broadband TV and Phone icon and the chat box opened. Have just tested and it also works on Edge and Firefox.

Perhaps it was offline earlier.

It's also working using Incognito windows and tabs. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Dave

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I tried using Edge and the active button appeared as it did on your screen grab when you used Chrome.

Finally got to chat with a rep (for what it was worth!) as he was not at all helpful 😞

At least I know how to get chat working - I'll have to try it on other browsers again later.

Thanks Again

KJ

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again KJ,

I'm pleased you managed to get the messenger service working. It's a shame the agent couldn't help.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but have you spoken to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)? That's option 4 when dialling 150 from a VM landline or mobile.

They have a wee bit more authority and understanding than normal customer support. The best time to call is either 8am when lines first open, or mid afternoon around tea time.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi Dave

Yeah - that's the route I've been taking to get to speak to someone helpful. The last person I spoke to was great and may have clarified what the issue has been all along. The person on the Online Chat just wound me up - I was asked to send a copy of a letter he wanted to see (despite the fact I'd already emailed it previously - heaven knows where that went - probably into a huge chasm somewhere!!)  😛

He then said that wasn't any good as he wasn't able to open a PDF document!! So I had to screen grab it and send him that - sheesh!

After over an hour trying to explain things to him I gave up and ended the conversation - what a waste of my valuable time.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @KillingJoker,

Welcome back to our Community! Thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear that you've had such a hard time getting in touch with our team, as well as accessing our chat function on our website.

We're happy that you were able to get some help from our retentions team, and have been able to clear up your issue.

Please let us know if there's anything you may need assistance with.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

nikoletad
Tuning in
Stumbled upon the solution and thought I'd add it here in case it helps anyone else:

If you have an adblocker, disable it for the Virginmedia domain. Mine was blocking the button that led to the Live Chat option on https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint