cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a new customer sign up at the same address before the old customers account expires?

gurpswu
Dialled in

old customer at my address cancelled virgin. there contract ends on the 3rd of july although they move out earlier than this.

can i , as the new customer, have my services start at the same address earlier than the 3rd of july?

10 REPLIES 10

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gurpswu ,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, welcome to the community

We can normally do something to help with this, please can i ask if you have already arranged an installation ? With the existing account holders permission we can normally terminate services a little earlier to allow yours to commence.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

i haven't yet booked the installation, i'm on the website now on the book your engineer page where you select a date. please let me know what i should do...

Hi @gurpswu ,

Thank you for the clarification, i will send you a private message for some details and see what we can do for you.

Many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

i have replied to your dm.

is it ok to select an earlier date of installation. they have told me that they are happy to disconnect by the 21st of june, but are worried about early disconnection fee. their contract expires and terminates on the 3rd july.

still no phone call.

i selected the date of 21st june, old contract from previous occupant is set to terminate on 3rd.

any advice please?

i have an order reference number, but haven't received any contracts.

Hi @gurpswu ,

Thank you for your patience, i has passed your details to the relevant team who will contact you asap, normally within 24hours. I have just escalated this for you too, someone will contact you directly today.

Thank you again for your patience.

hi @vm-jon

i got a call from your colleague who insisted the deal i placed online was not valid and it was cancelled. instead she asked me to place the order with her again over the phone which i did not do, because i want the cashback from topcashback.co.uk.

please check whether my order has been cancelled as she said or if its still valid. i have an order reference i have pm'd you.

everyone i speak to on the phone keeps telling me "the work order didn't actually go through" but no one is able to tell me why. 

there are only 6 hours left before this deal expires online, so please let me know asap what the situation is.

Thank you for the update @gurpswu

Just to confirm did you place the order as an existing or new customer? Are you able to see any changes to the order via your my VM account or your email correspondence? 

Please get back to us when you can so we can best help with this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs