cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a manager please call me about my complaint

Matt4287
Tuning in

I have been promised a call back from a manager regarding a complicated complaint involving rude staff, unknowledgeable staff, incorrect information, wasted time and unresolved issues. It is now almost two weeks after that initial series of calls and I've still heard nothing. This is despite phoning twice and being promised a call back either within a couple hours or on the same day. Have I heard anything? Of course not.

I have also taken this issue to your Twitter team who suggested I should call you (Haha! Like that  would work!). There alternative solution was to post on here where they assured me I would be able to speak to a manager. I was surprised that would be an option through a community forum so questioned it, and they reiterated I would indeed be able to speak to a manager. Here's hoping...

So, please can a manager arrange to give me a call so we can finally resolve this issue.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matt4287 

I've moved your post to the account board, the "chatter & natter" section that you'd used isn't generally monitored by staff.

The forum team on here will quite likely be able to pick up your issue and try to rectify it, but I doubt you'll get a callback from here. Standard advice if you want to speak to someone, is to call in. Responses will be by either forum posts or private-messages from the VM staff in team.

What are the unresolved issues that you have? If you can explain the problems, there's a wealth of knowledge on here that may be able to help - and if it's not account-specific, it may just need other community members.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for doing that, I was struggling to work out which forum to put it in.

The unresolved issues surround wi-fi boosters not working (no longer supported - that took 2 hours on the phone for someone to tell) and having to wait until September for a hub (the new form of booster) and being charged extra each month for it. But the main issue is around the exceptionally poor customer service and managers effectively refusing to speak to me.

I do appreciate your help, but I don't think the community will be able to help, no matter how knowledgable I'm sure you all are. This is the issue I raised repeatedly with the Twitter team, who assured me a member of staff in the forum would be able to help and would arrange for a manager to call me. I am not at all surprised that you say this is unlikely. Unfortunately I have called multiple times and each time been told a manager will call me. Almost two weeks on and still nothing.

At this point I have lost absolutely all faith in Virgin Media and in fact at this stage I am beginning to wonder if they actually have any managers working for them.

You have been the most helpful person I have come across, so thank you for your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Matt4287 wrote:

Thanks for doing that, I was struggling to work out which forum to put it in.

The unresolved issues surround wi-fi boosters not working (no longer supported - that took 2 hours on the phone for someone to tell) and having to wait until September for a hub (the new form of booster) and being charged extra each month for it. But the main issue is around the exceptionally poor customer service and managers effectively refusing to speak to me.

I do appreciate your help, but I don't think the community will be able to help, no matter how knowledgable I'm sure you all are. This is the issue I raised repeatedly with the Twitter team, who assured me a member of staff in the forum would be able to help and would arrange for a manager to call me. I am not at all surprised that you say this is unlikely. Unfortunately I have called multiple times and each time been told a manager will call me. Almost two weeks on and still nothing.

At this point I have lost absolutely all faith in Virgin Media and in fact at this stage I am beginning to wonder if they actually have any managers working for them.

You have been the most helpful person I have come across, so thank you for your help.

Don't take things personally. 

They won't compensate you in anyway. (I am not suggesting that's what you are after)

Even if you managed to get one on the phone no one will be held accountable and nothing will change.

Draw a line under your wasted time, don't invest any more time in this and either get your VM service working correctly or look at what's on offer with a competitor.  Is what I would absolutely recommend in this instance.  I used TP link (other brands available) wifi extenders from Argos (other sellers available) to boost wifi round the house when VM didn't deliver on the free wifi pods I was entitled to as a subscriber to their top package.

As Openreach rolls out Ultrafast FTTP across the country this will pull the rug out from under VM and make them look twice or even a third time at their awful customer service.  I once had a CS rep tell me you've downloaded x amount of GB this month you can't go anywhere.  That's not true anymore.

Hi Matt4287,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. We would firstly like to apologise that you have still not had the call back from a manager as promised. This is not the service we are aiming to provide.

We can certainly understand the frustration and disruption this issue is causing you. Unfortunately as this is a digital service only we are unable to make outbound calls from this forum.

We have located your account, from the details you have provided through your community profile, and can see that this issue has been escalated.

I will happily invite you for a private chat so we can discuss this issue further. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

Thanks. Private message accepted. I can't say I'm surprised that I was given wrong information by another of your colleagues, but hopefully we will be able to resolve this.