cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I double my internet speed by taking out a PayMonthly O2 Sim WITHOUT modifying my existing bundle?

SuperhubUser
On our wavelength

I signed a new contract for a 100/Maxit/Weekends a few days, with it due to come into effect on Tuesday. 

I've just found out about Volt and how it can potentially double my internet speed if I were to take out an O2 sim but the exact method is confusing (and the rentetions department was unsure about it as well). 

VM said I need to be on a Volt package, but the O2 site says I merely need to have a pay monthly o2 sim to get the speed boost. Which is it?

Is it possible for me to simply take out a new o2 sim separately and connect the 2 accounts to get a VM speed boost, or do I need to renegoiate my VM contract entirely to add the o2 sim? 

Both Virgin and O2 have given me differing answers so far. 

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SuperhubUser

Thanks for posting - sorry for the confusion.

If you take an O2 SIM, you can opt into Volt via your My Virgin Media 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid it's still unclear after talking to VM and Volt customers what Volt actually is in this context.

Is opting into Volt going to be the speed/data bump by itself or an entirely new package with different costs? I just signed a new VM contract and I wouldn't want this to impact the pricing.

The new contract is set to start on Tuesday (25/01), should I wait until after it starts to opt-in and tell the retentions team beforehand?

No it's just an opt in so do it on the My Virgin Media app and it takes 14 days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John, I'll do that.

Hi @SuperhubUser,

No problem. If you need our help with anything in the future, feel free to reach back out to us here on the community forums.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!