Menu
IWANTBLUE
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Can I Purchasce Virgin media account and full bundle for parents at their new address?

Hi, as per the title really, Is it possible for me to purchase a Virgin media account for my parents at their new address, in my name?
The reason for wanting to do this is two or threefold...

1. /2.  My parents are getting on and hate having to deal with this type of thing and I always end up doing all of the negotiations/decision making and when required fault finding etc etc etc...

3. As they have just finished at the last house with VM and VM would not offer a competitive package for the new home, they won't have been away from VM for 12 months, so this would mean that they also cannot employ a cashback deal to lighten the load of the monthly bills.

Clearly, we want the best deal possible, and they haven't been hopping from one company to the other to get the best deal, they were with VM for well in excess of 10 years, and their last 'deal ' of any note was finished 2-3 years ago.

So is it possible to purchase the account at another address? I assume there is no issue with the bill payer being at the address as long as the bills are paid and there are no issues?? 

There is no 'scam' or fiddle involved here, just wanting them to get the best deal possible as the enforced move has depleted their funds already, whilst wanting to take all the worry and greif away form the with regard to the account /payment and later upgrade situation as well.

Replies welcome, both official and anyone who may have carried this out themselves?

thanks

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I Purchasce Virgin media account and full bundle for parents at their new address?

It would work but they would loose their landline number

Highlighted
shauneeb
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I Purchasce Virgin media account and full bundle for parents at their new address?

Just sign up as a new customer using your name & details at their address, shouldn't be an issue

IWANTBLUE
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

already lost that unfortunately, as it was a nice number... but they (VM)were adamant they wouldn't move on a deal so had to happen I'm afraid... I'd have gone to BT/sky/whoever for a year , but when I checked the BB levels they were woefull Smiley Sad so it seems were stuck with VM . there was an acceptable deal just over a month ago , but couldn't go forward until had cancelled old/moved Smiley Sad now the VIP deal is a V-VIP deal and £30 more Smiley Sad ho hum..

door to door salesman cant offer anything better than the standard website let alone any potential Cash-back deal.. all very frustrating, Thanks for confirming what I thought should work ok....
0 Kudos
IWANTBLUE
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

cheers as I thought, so hoping you're right Smiley Happy

thanks

0 Kudos