cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls i have not made

Willieloney
Joining in

Hi grateful for any insight into this - I viewed my bill this month to find i have been charged for 158 phone calls made right across 24 hours every day for almost a month. Totally random numbers not recognised by me and we do not have a house phone as we use mobiles (o2)  but pay the line for internet connections. Currently 50+ quid out of pocket in 1 month and it appears to have only started and i have Virgin for many many years.

Can anyone help

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The issue of phantom calls is reported regularly on the forum. A couple of similar past examples below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Call-charges-not-made-any-calls/td-p/4706220

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/keep-getting-charged-for-calls-I-haven-t-made/td-p/4...

The issue does seem to happen frequently to customers who pay for a landline which they never use or test nor which has a phone connected.

Does your VM phone service come to a regular telephone wall socket or to the phone socket on the back of the VM hub?

For a conventional telephone wall socket connection, crossed lines have been put forward as an explanation on past topics. VM typically offer to send a technician to investigate but with the possibility of £99 charge being applied if no fault is found.

For cases where the numbers dialled, call durations and time of calls are completely random and do not follow a normal pattern, the VM forum team are usually able to step in and investigate further.

One of the VM forum team should pick this up within a day or two to help you.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Willieloney,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Really sorry to hear that you have been charged for random calls that you have not made from your landline. We know how frustrating this matter can be especially as you have advised you do not have a physical handset in your master socket.

Remotely looking from our end, we can see that you have contacted us already and have a technician booked to come and take a look in to this for you.

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes and what the outcome is.

Kind regards Jodi.