Menu
Kam12345
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Calls dropped by customer service

So I realised that my 12 month broadband contract is up and the price has rocketed up!

I wasn’t emailed or text prior to warn me, instead I discovered it via my bank statement.

I am very angry and annoyed at the tactics used by Virgin!

They have my address, mobile number and my email address, any one could have been used to inform me of the price chance.

They have not been shy in sending me mail via these when trying to sell me something!

So I decided to cancel.

Straight forward you would think.... nope.

Rang the cancellation department and after about 20 mins of holding my call is cut off.

I ring back, to the billing department who tell me they told me if this price rise 12 months ago! How is one to remember 12 months later?

I ask to cancel, she told me I would then need to give a 30 day notice period! Horrendous!

She tries to put me through. A few mins later comes back and states the line is busy and tries to give me a premium number to call them on.

I refuse politely, and request a warm transfer.... 10-15 mins later the call is dropped! (Advisor was Preeti)

I try to call twice again, dropped after 15-20 mins.

Now very angry I decide to put in a complaint via email. I couldn’t find one so I have ended up here.

Still unable to cancel!

Are these deliberate tacktics to dupe hard working customers from money and a lot of time?

Frustrate them with being unable to cancel so they stay?

Not having an easy to find general complaints email.

Would it not make business sense to contact customers before the contact jumps in price to re-arrange a new agreement and keep them for another term? Rather than upsetting them and showing them this ugly side to the company.

I am non the wiser on what to do now.

Do I keep trying?

Or accept the hit and change providers and let them sort the cancellation?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Calls dropped by customer service

What they mean by you being told 12 months ago is that the price after your welcome period is over is documented in your contract.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

PS Any new supplier can’t cancel for you. The only part they could cancel is the landline and only if you ask to port your number.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Seems growing numbers have been having similar issues.  I tried late this morning to be told due to system issues dealing with cancellation requests is one of the things they can't currently deal with and to try calling back 2 hours later.  Phone back several hours later to get cutoff short of 15 minutes into being left on hold!.  Very unhappy by this, bet there is no such issue with signing up customers or dealing with upgrades eh?.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

ring retentions - in my experience they dont hang up - thats the game offshore play 

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It was retentions I myself called at least, yet I was still cut off.

0 Kudos
Kam12345
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yep this is the path I took to try and speak to someone
0 Kudos
Kam12345
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

When I signed up, it was 12 months on a discounted rate then on the “normal”

So when I asked why I wasn’t reminded of the 12 month discounted period coming to an end, she told me I was told when I signed up
0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I eventually got through this morning in the end, who'd have thought retentions work on a Sunday morning. Got a reasonable deal in the end. Though they are getting a call latter to request additional confirmation missing from the email and contract with regards to no activation charge. Refusal to provide that and I'm pulling out of the new agreement and give the 30 days notice anyway as I was assured I'd get it as part of the agreement. And verbal information with regards to fee credits and offers as we all know mean nothing without anything in writing.

0 Kudos
Kam12345
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You damn right

I just can’t bare another 20 min call to be cut off, I feel traumatised

I’m going to have to do it though, going to try again tomorrow evening
0 Kudos