So I realised that my 12 month broadband contract is up and the price has rocketed up!
I wasn’t emailed or text prior to warn me, instead I discovered it via my bank statement.
I am very angry and annoyed at the tactics used by Virgin!
They have my address, mobile number and my email address, any one could have been used to inform me of the price chance.
They have not been shy in sending me mail via these when trying to sell me something!
So I decided to cancel.
Straight forward you would think.... nope.
Rang the cancellation department and after about 20 mins of holding my call is cut off.
I ring back, to the billing department who tell me they told me if this price rise 12 months ago! How is one to remember 12 months later?
I ask to cancel, she told me I would then need to give a 30 day notice period! Horrendous!
She tries to put me through. A few mins later comes back and states the line is busy and tries to give me a premium number to call them on.
I refuse politely, and request a warm transfer.... 10-15 mins later the call is dropped! (Advisor was Preeti)
I try to call twice again, dropped after 15-20 mins.
Now very angry I decide to put in a complaint via email. I couldn’t find one so I have ended up here.
Still unable to cancel!
Are these deliberate tacktics to dupe hard working customers from money and a lot of time?
Frustrate them with being unable to cancel so they stay?
Not having an easy to find general complaints email.
Would it not make business sense to contact customers before the contact jumps in price to re-arrange a new agreement and keep them for another term? Rather than upsetting them and showing them this ugly side to the company.
I am non the wiser on what to do now.
Do I keep trying?
Or accept the hit and change providers and let them sort the cancellation?
Seems growing numbers have been having similar issues. I tried late this morning to be told due to system issues dealing with cancellation requests is one of the things they can't currently deal with and to try calling back 2 hours later. Phone back several hours later to get cutoff short of 15 minutes into being left on hold!. Very unhappy by this, bet there is no such issue with signing up customers or dealing with upgrades eh?.
I eventually got through this morning in the end, who'd have thought retentions work on a Sunday morning. Got a reasonable deal in the end. Though they are getting a call latter to request additional confirmation missing from the email and contract with regards to no activation charge. Refusal to provide that and I'm pulling out of the new agreement and give the 30 days notice anyway as I was assured I'd get it as part of the agreement. And verbal information with regards to fee credits and offers as we all know mean nothing without anything in writing.