cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call out charge with no notice

hharry100
Joining in

Hi Im also being told i will be made to pay a call out charge, when i asked at time of the booking if i would be be charged i was told i would not

But not Virgin have added a call out charge to my bill and expect me to pay up for something i was told i would not be charged for, Really poor customer service from such a large company, rapidly becoming liked as much as Sports Direct!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Raise a formal complaint using the online form in My Virgin Media, explaining this, and asking for a refund of the charge, and state that if they refuse you require a "deadlock letter" for the purposes of escalation to the industry complaints adjudication scheme, CISAS.  

If VM have the slightest common sense they'll immediately refund the charge.  If they don't, then irrespective of the response (closing the complaint,rejecting it, fobbing you off etc) you use the deadlock letter to take the matter to CISAS who will review the matter, instruct VM what they have to do (and then send VM the chunky bill for looking into the matter).  If VM neither resolve the matter and don't send a deadlock letter, then you can still use CISAS, but you have to allow eight weeks from the date of the complaint.

VM's track record on handling complaints is poor, so don't be too surprised if the complaint is not handled to your satisfaction and you need to escalate the matter to CISAS.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Raise a formal complaint using the online form in My Virgin Media, explaining this, and asking for a refund of the charge, and state that if they refuse you require a "deadlock letter" for the purposes of escalation to the industry complaints adjudication scheme, CISAS.  

If VM have the slightest common sense they'll immediately refund the charge.  If they don't, then irrespective of the response (closing the complaint,rejecting it, fobbing you off etc) you use the deadlock letter to take the matter to CISAS who will review the matter, instruct VM what they have to do (and then send VM the chunky bill for looking into the matter).  If VM neither resolve the matter and don't send a deadlock letter, then you can still use CISAS, but you have to allow eight weeks from the date of the complaint.

VM's track record on handling complaints is poor, so don't be too surprised if the complaint is not handled to your satisfaction and you need to escalate the matter to CISAS.

pavmas
Dialled in

Charge out for what? it's their equipment and you only rent it, so if there is a problem it is up to them to sort it, If they are charging you a call out to check their equipment then the next time it stops working, tell them to send a replacement as this one is not working, these companies really know how to rip their customers off.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hharry100,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am very sorry to hear that there appears to be an unexpected charge on your bill following an engineer visit. Though these are mostly free of charge, there are scenarios where a charge is valid an applicable, and that can't always be determined prior to a visit. You can find more details on this via our Price Guide.

If after reviewing the link provided you don't feel like the charge would be valid, please respond to the private message I'm going to send to you in a moment so we can take a closer look at what's going on here for you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hharry100,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so I could assist you further. I'm glad that we were able to reach an amicable resolution on this matter.

Please come back to us here on the community forums if you need our help again in the future.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!