Menu
andrewrox
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cable (the rest of) my street - NE9 7YA

Hi,

My neighbour three doors down the street has Virgin services but the rest of the street can't get them.  There are a least four neighbouring houses that would love to have Virgin fibre as the current 1.5Mbs offering from BT is pathetic.

Are they are plans to provide the remainder of the street with Virgin services?  I have registered interest on your website a couple of times (as have my neighbours) but haven't had any response.

I would very much appreciate it if this could be looked into.

Many thanks,

Andrew.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable (the rest of) my street - NE9 7YA

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andrew. 

I have filled in a spotter form for you now so someone will come to the property. 

I'm hoping they will call first but sometimes it is last minute. You don't need to be present either. 

If you don't hear back within 3 weeks, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
andrewrox
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your help, fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
andrewrox
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

It's been three weeks and I have had no contact from Virgin regarding a spotter visiting my property.

Could you please chase this up?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Good evening Andrew

My apologies no one has been in touch on the back of the Spotters form.

I have emailed this off to the Spotters Escalations team for you and they usually arrange a call within a working week

Please keep us posted on how this goes for you.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew

The team came back to me Wednesday to say this had been passed to the local spotters team

Have you heard or seen anything yet?

Thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
andrewrox
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Yes, they've been out and I've signed a pre-contract agreement along with some of my neighbours, so hopefully this will get the green light soon.

Thanks for your help,

Andrew.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant stuff.

Good luck and thanks for letting me know!

Take care 😄

Forum Team

0 Kudos
timperrett
Settling in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Please forgive me jumping on the back of this conversation, but as you seemed to be able to help Andrew, I was wondering if you could see whether you could help me as I am in a similar situation - 5 of the properties in our road have been done, but not the other 11 of which ours in one. Our whole town has been done by the looks of it, and just not our little row of houses! I know that at least 3 of us would take up the service and if needed would go and ask all the neighbours to help gain interest levels.

Many thanks in advance.

Tim

0 Kudos