Menu
maysie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cable pull and taking orders

Hi,

The latest update I've had is that our estate was due to get a cable pull 2 weeks ago and then should be taking orders. I've tried to get an update but have been unsuccessful.

• East Benton Rise
  • Wallsend
  • NE28 9FE
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable pull and taking orders

Hi maysie, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can certainly double check what the latest update is for you although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi maysie,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

maysie
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

its been over a month now and no updates. I’m hoping this isn’t a sign of how Virgin Media operate. Smiley Indifferent

have the build team came back with anything? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi maysie, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Usually once there is no reply it means that there is nothing happening with this however based on your last message, this doesn't seem to be the case. 

We rely on the Nex teams to update us as we have no other way of finding out this information. If they don't reply then I'm afraid there is nothing we can do. 

I have chased this for a final time. If they don't come back then I would recommend going down the route that you has the last update from. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
maysie
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I hope the ignorance you got isn't a sign of what to expect for customers.

Thanks for trying.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi maysie, 

The team has now come back after that final chaser to say: Apologies for the delay. I have looked into this region and there are currently no plans to install in this area.

This would suggest that any plans previously to install have been abandoned. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
maysie
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Weird I've because I've spoken to the guy I previous touched in with and they have a blockage in the pipe and along with North Tyneside Council they have had permission to dig up a newly laid path to feed the wires too and the New Build provider have agreed to supply the power to the cabinet.

Looks like some someone is telling a few fibs.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi maysie, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I've gone back to check this with the teams and they have advised: At present, not that I am aware of, there is nothing for any up & coming build areas. 

I can only go off the information they give me so apologies - there is still no movement on this one. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
paperclip
Well-informed
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@maysie wrote:

Hi,

The latest update I've had is that our estate was due to get a cable pull 2 weeks ago and then should be taking orders. I've tried to get an update but have been unsuccessful.

• East Benton Rise
  • Wallsend
  • NE28 9FE

It's safer entering home addresses, locations as DMs to members.

0 Kudos