cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

katinkapicinyke
Joining in

@Christy_D I've sent a PM as well 🙂

Hi,

VM where looking at cabling my street back in 2018 but not heard anything since.

I have sent several emails to network requests but not heard back not emails bounced back

Any chance of an update?

Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi madhatter007, sorry to hear you've had no update on this. We'll be happy to take a look and see if we can get any info for you, I'll get in touch via PM to confirm a few details & we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me @madhatter007. I've contacted the relevant teams and will get back to you with an update as soon as I receive one - usually within a few working days.

Tom 

Can you also check my request since 2018.  Chestnut Avenue  wd3 4hb

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rav79 

If you can provide me with the full address and postcode via private message I'd be happy to check this again for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi any news?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @madhatter007

I am just chasing this up for you now 🙂

We will be in touch as soon as we have any further information from the team.

Thanks,

Serena

I believe VM are in my area. Could you please check when the service will be made available?

Thanks

ac427

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @Ac427 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’m more than happy to take a look into this for you.

I’ll send over a private message as I’ll need to take a few details from you

Many thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more