cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Hi Gigabit, 

I've checked our service checker and I can see it still needs some work doing around your area. 

I'm afraid I can't explain why the last tenant had our services or why some equipment is installed, I just don't have the training to know that. That's more of an engineer's expertise.

All I can go off is the system, in order to try and get things moving you can give the sales team a call again in order to see if another spotter can be sent out. They should get back to you after a few days with more information. 

Sorry I can't help further, the number you need to call is 0800 183 1234. 

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

I registered on the virg checker a few years back, sadly the fibre service is reported as not available on my area.  How ever there are houses nearby which have fibre broadband.

Is there any way to check when the service will be available or when the fibre is due to be laid?

Unfortunately there isn't. Some of the kinder people from virgin will sometimes try to find out. However the company line seems to be that you should sign up for notifications from them instead. Annoyingly, cityfibre are about 50m from me... Just a waiting game....

Just to update my previous post - I never received an email from VM updating that the service is available in my area.  I found out from checking myself if VM is now available in my area.

I don't have a choice (VM is the only fibre provider here), but that's pretty poor from a (potential) customer service perspective.  Fortunately I've heard the service if it works is generally quite good (just pray you don't have to ever call customer service...).

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

Are you all set up?

happy to assist you with this. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Not yet - engineer is coming next month to do the install.  Thanks for the offer though.

Hi,

As an update, I am still waiting to receive a contract (I ordered on 27 May); should I be concerned or will I receive a contract soon (as well as confirmation that an engineer is coming on the designated date)?

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

happy to have a look. 

I will pm you for some details. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Gromito

Do you mean you've ordered a service, you've not received?  Or do you mean you're awaiting a copy of the contract?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Gromito,

Can you please confirm if you're happy to proceed with @campo7 or if you're still need us to help?

Regards

Lee_R