cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

kheldar125
Joining in

I'm moving house in a few months, and the street I'm moving too isn't currently cabled, but all the connecting street and the surrounding ones are. I don't suppose one of you helpful forum team members can check if my street is on the cards for being cabled? 

I'm used to fast internet now, I don't want to have to back to the stone age!

mrbubba
On our wavelength

How do we find out if Virgin have any plans to cable an area? I've already registered, but you never actually hear anything. Other properties

have Virginmedia, but our little street doesn't, I'm sure you'd gets lots of new customers, as BT Fibre here is very slow

Hi ashleywillis832, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community 🙂

We can certainly check to see what's happening with your address although I should say now that if you're in a new build then unless cables were laid during the build, there will be zero chance of having Virgin Media come to the address until the roads have been adopted by the local council. This is because we're unable to dig up the road, or any part of it, until at least 5 years have passed. 

I can double check for you if the above doesn't apply to you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Andy111, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

We rarely get much more information other that what we pass on to you but I have emailed the team to chase this one up for you 🙂 

I have double checked the address and I definitely gave them the correct one. 

Fingers crossed I'll have an update for you shortly. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi kheldar125 and mrbubba, 

Thanks for your posts 🙂

I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Andy111
On our wavelength

Brill thanks Kath. Sorry to be such a pain. I bet you'll be glad when its sorted so I leave you in peace lol

apc573
Joining in

Hi Kath,

Is there still no update from the email you sent to the build teams regarding the area at DE75 7TZ? Thanks, hope you are well.

Best wishes

Adam

Hi Adam, 

Afraid not. This is still on hold for now. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

apc573
Joining in

Ok thanks, please can you let me know if anything changes. I appreciate your help.

Best wishes

Adam

Hi Kath,

I am about to move into a new house and it doesn't appear to be serviced even though all of the neighbouring streets seem to be. One of the new neighbours even mentioned that there had been some sort of campaign to get Virgin into the area 12 months ago.

Would it be possible to look if it will be coming in the near future please?

Regards

Kieron