cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Hi Kath_F

What is an NBU?

Apologies Nated2018, 

NBU is the first part of a reference we use internally 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks, I was confused for a while there haha.

I noticed after checking roadworks.org that there is work in the planning stages in near Victoria road in Eccles, M30. Would this mean a step closer for me?

Hi Nated2018. 

Possibly but it's not that uncommon where some streets have been cabled and others haven't. 

If and when the Creation team come back to me I'll come back and let you know the latest. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

They have advised the following: The Address looks like It was on NBU74126 but this was cancelled and re-scoped under NBU144854 but there’s little planning information at this time. Check back in with us at the end of the year.

So it looks like you could potentially be in the plans for next although it is very early stages.

Pop us a post in December/January and we can check for an update.

Good morning and Season's greetings to you! Is there any update on the above?

Please let me know if there is now a different representative answering these queries, so that I can send my address details by PM again.

Hi Tigsteroonie, 

Thanks for coming back to us here in the Community. 

I've sent an email off to check on the progress of this one for you. 

As soon as the teams come back to me I will let you know 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tigsteroonie, 

Thanks for your patience. 

The team have come back to say: No current update I'm afraid, it is still within our active WIP however it has not currently been submitted for approval to plan. At this stage even if it does progress it would be 2020 at the earliest.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for the update, although it's not really the good news I was hoping for. Oh well.

Let's talk BT into another year's contract at a discount then!

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Tigsteroonie

Good luck with that and all the best, we may see you in a few years!

Fingers crossed!

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi Forum Team, 

Happy holidays! I have recently moved and the area doesn't seem to have fibre cable despite it's within zone 4 of North London with lots of new development within walking distance. We have been using VM for years and my finance's only requirement for the move was to have VM internet.  Please PM me when you are back from holiday so we can check if my area is within the roll-out plan in the near future? 

Thank you!