cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

581 REPLIES 581

NS_UK
Tuning in

Hi there,

Looking for some information on BL6 6FA. Two neighbours (next door and the house opposite) can get services but it seems to stop as of my house, continuing with no service to the bottom of the cul-de-sac.

I've registered interest but no joy so far, can anyone help?

Thanks!

Hi Gareth11, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back today to advise: It’s not linked to any NBU or opportunity that we can see and isn’t on the systems so theres definitely not any immediate plans to install here.

It will be at least 2020 before this is looked at again. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

tolucophoto
Joining in

Hi Kath

I'm just wanting some information on my street - Millbank LS19 7AY.

I've sent you a PM.

Thanks

Tom

apc573
Joining in

Hi,

In July we were notified that your services were coming to our area by letter and we had to sign the waiver form due to having shared access with a neighbour. The letter stated that our council had given permission for virgin media to be installed in our area. I was just wondering when this work will begin;

Postcode: DE75 7TZ

Address: Sandringham Drive, Heanor, Derbyshire.

Best wishes,

Adam

dominicriley
Joining in

Hi There, 

Are there any plans to cable SL9 8SE? We live very close to existing Virgin cable and there are many roads with cable in our town.

Thanks

Dominic

Hi all, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are all looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible.
I can double check to see if your areas are in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you all a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

dominicriley and apc573 I have replied to you both individually on your own threads. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi there, I posted this message on 27th August and still haven't got a reply. Can anyone help? My original message was: 

I'm moving to a new place and looking to install Virgin's fibre optic broadband there. The buildings left and right to mine have Virgin Media services but my building shows up as 'service not available yet' on the postcode checker. 

I've registered on the website's 'keep in touch' section but wanted to check if you might be able to help figure out what the situation with my address might be?

Would someone from the Forum Team be able to assist with this?

Thanks!

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Andy111.
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, still waiting for you to reply to my personal message

My original message was if Virgin services will be coming to the town of Crewe, Cheshire East (as a general question), although I have sent you my address anyway.

Thanks

Andy111
On our wavelength

Thanks Kath, I appreciate that.

I look forward to your reply.