cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

xim120
Joining in

Hello,

I have been waiting for updates on Cable My Street for a couple of years. I have had a couple of emails (one over 2 years ago) to say VM is coming our way but this is not reflected on the website. I would be really grateful if someone could help look into when or if there are any plans for VM's expansion to my area.

Regards,

Immy

Hi loviecw,

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team. 

They have come back today and advised: This area is now active and the address has been released so the customer should be able to order services. 

This is awesome news. Check in with the Sales Team on 0800 183 1234 to see what offers they have available. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Mfowles80, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back and advised the following: This opportunity is within our plans for the area, there is currently no estimated completion date however it's scheduled for the 2019 build next year. The reference for this is NBU 79837.

Check back in with us towards the beginning of next year and we can check for further updates 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Immy, 

I'll need some information from you so I have sent you each a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks very much, have sent. Smiley Happy

Yes it is a “new build” estate 

well, it has been built for about 2 years now anyways 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Immy 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi immy, 

The team have come back to me on this already 🙂 

They've advised: This premises was on NBU 28608, however this Project was cancelled in 2017. The Lightning Creation team may be able to shed some light on the reasons why though.

I've asked the Lightening team if they can give any reasons however I know they are swamped so won't reply for a few days/weeks. 

Apologies but we won't be able to install you any time soon. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Snicka
Joining in

Hi

Could anyone tell me when the service will be going live in the LL13 area if possible please?

It looks like all the ground work has been completed and the guys have moved on.

Thanks in advance

Mitra
Joining in

Hi there, 

I'm moving to a new place and looking to install Virgin's fibre optic broadband there. The buildings left and right to mine have Virgin Media services but my building shows up as 'service not available yet' on the postcode checker. 

I've registered on the website's 'keep in touch' section but wanted to check if you might be able to help figure out what the situation with my address might be?

Thanks in advance