cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MiloK 

Are you moving services or will this be for new services?

Have you spoken to the move and transfer team yet?

Thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi @Christy_D

This would be for new services.

Many thanks,

Milo

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@MiloK i'll pop you a private message to take some details and we'll go from there.

Many thanks,

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

benno17
On our wavelength

I am with VM and will be moving to a nearby property. Somewhere or other I read that VM cable services would be available in the new area soon. How can I get more specific information otherwise I may have to use Sky 😞 

who can i speak to , to see if there is any update of Virgin digging in our road, we have a road with 53 houses

only 4 our connected

wd34hb postcode

Hey @benno17,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I would be able to take a further look into this for you but would need to take a few details via private message to be able to do this.

Please look out for my private message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

benno17
On our wavelength

Thanks Steven_L. Wait to hear from you

Soniaporter933
Joining in

Hi I would really like to join VM but its not available in my area. I have lived her for 14 years now please can I have an update when it will be available in my area please?

Sonia Porter 

Could I get a private message and help please

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @benno17.

I have sent an email over to the team in your area and I will be in touch once, I have any further updates from them.

Regards,

Steven_L