cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

southpaw83
Tuning in

Hello

Seen a lorry load of workers with 'Virgin Media Coming Soon' hi viz vests on looking at cables under the pavement a couple of times

I'm assuming, or maybe hoping, that means there are plans afoot to finally do so. 

Could someome look into this for me and maybe give me more details? 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @southpaw83 

I will private message you to take the address, then I will take a look on our systems for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Tek1
Joining in

Hi,

I’m moving into a new home next month and seen there is no virgin media currently in the area. Would love to have this available soon as if possible please. If you’re able to shed some light about what the plans are for the area I’ll be moving to, that would be great

Thanks

Hey @Tek1 and welcome to the community,

Thanks for showing interest in our services for your new home.

I can look into this but would need to send over a private message, so that we can confirm all the details of your new address as we cannot do this over the open forum.

I will drop a private message over in a moment.

Regards

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details with me over a private message @Tek1.

I have sent a query off to our serviceability team and will be in touch with you soon with their response.

Regards

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Tek1,

The team have come back to me very quickly to advise that there are no current plans to install at your new property at the moment.

If you could sign up to cable my street here, we will inform you when we do plan to service your area.

Regards

Steven_L

@Steven

thanks! Can confirm I signed up to this a week ago

Thanks @Tek1 and I hope that we can put a plan into action soon for you to get our services.

Regards

Steven_L

thodges2
Joining in

Hi,

I checked on the network expansion page on your website, and when I input my address it says, "You’ll soon be able to get your hands on lighting fast broadband and amazing TV in your new home!". Does this mean that there will be works going on to get us connected soon?

If so, is there any way to find out when the works will be completed roughly so we can plan to get your services as soon as available?

Thanks,

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Hi there

If you can pop me another private message with your full address I will see if there is any updates.

Thanks
Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more