cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

@Tallpaul_s wrote:

We have a large VM expansion going on at the moment locally (Allington, Maidstone), the centre of the works is 1km away as the crow flies and 1.2km following roads. 2 or 3 roads over from us has been cabled, although in some areas one side of a road has and the other hasn't - and looking at the planned roadworks for the next 12 months, all the VM planned works are now moving away from the areas that have been cabled, which includes us...

Wondering if its possible to see if our road is likely to be cabled, it doesn't look good with the already cabled roads nearby but no planned works that I can see. I have registered on the cable my street site. 

Currently have Openreach FTTC as the only option at 20-25mbps down and 4-5mbps up. 

Thanks in advance. 

Just checking if there's any update regarding this, the Allington project seems to be coming to an end soon, the main welfare unit roadworks show an end date of the 20th Nov, and the last of the planned works (for the next 12 months) where cables are being layed are also ending in the next few weeks.

As you can see from the image below, the vast majority of Maidstone has VM coverage, with the main blackspot being the Allington area, which is now being expanded to - the green line area, maps haven't been updated yet. The Welfare unit for the project is located at the red dot for this project.

The red lined area is the last area in Maidstone with no planned expansion as far as I can tell, and you can guess where our house is!!!

If there's any news on this area being on the list for expansion that would be great, thanks

VM

Hi Tallpaul_s,

Thank for reaching out to us and showing an interest in our services, I will reach out to a colleague to see if I am able to find anything out.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Would you be able to find out when my street might be cabled?

Everywhere around me has already been cabled but unfortunately my street is stuck on terribly slow BT!

How is the best way to send you my full address?

Thanks,

Hi berryal,

Thanks for coming back to me, I have mailed a colleague in planning to see if I can find anything out for you, please allow a few days for a reply. 

Regards

Paul.

Hi is there a way to check if there is any update for my address, I checked over 12 months ago nd would be interested to see if anything as changed

I doubt you’ll get a reply, they just fob it off to someone else

Hi, if you PM me your address i will have a look for you

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

calmjazzy
Tuning in

Hi,

I was wondering if virgin media would become available to my side of the road. The other side has it though. Would you be able to tell me if it's likely that there would be cabling in my street done on my side of the road soon? I can give you more details in a private message if that would work.

Thanks.

Any chance of cabling my road. Been asking for 3 years now 3 doors away have it.  Postcode. Wd34hb 15 people in street want it too. Wd34ha as well

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @calmjazzy and @rav79 

Can you please both private message me your full address with postcode and I will take a look at our systems for both of you.

Thanks in advance

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more