cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @thodges2 

Happy to take a look into this for you.

Please can you private message me your address and i'll take a look for you.

Thanks.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

@Christy_D Have PM'd - thank you

warmadmax
Dialled in

Hi, i'm looking to move house from a virgin area to an area with Virgin nearby,

availibilty checker shows no coverage currently,

could you check if this is due soon?

postcode is DE5 3GN

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Thanks for you post

Please Private Message me your full address and i'll take a look

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

thodges2
Joining in

Hi,

I spoke with Christy already, we have established there's no VM services for my building, however everywhere else on the street has it.

Is there no chance that VM can extend this short amount to our building?

I'm an existing customer for a year, and customer in other houses for the last 3 years. I would love to continue using VM internet services.

Thanks,

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Thodges2.

It may be that the building hasn't allowed us access to cable this specific property in the area but if enough people fill out the Cable My Street form we should be able to look into this.

Thanks, Emily.

Hi Could i get some help with any installation information for my area, were on a newbuild estate in the village been here around 2 years now the whole village has virgin and our estate still hasn't been connected there's a lot of demand on the estate for faster broadband thanks !

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ashleywillis832 wrote:

Hi Could i get some help with any installation information for my area, were on a newbuild estate in the village been here around 2 years now the whole village has virgin and our estate still hasn't been connected there's a lot of demand on the estate for faster broadband thanks !

The biggest problem with new estates is that they are usually built with an embargo in force against any new infrastructure projects for a number of years. The builders don’t want all and sundry coming in & digging up all their shiny new tarmac just after it’s laid. Another condition is that the streets must have passed into local authority control. VM do not generally install on private roads due to the sheer number of wayleave agreements that would be required.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @ashleywillis832 

I can take a look for you no problem.

I’ll pop you a private message to take some details from you.

Thanks

Christy 

ive sent you a reply

@christy_d thanks alot !