cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Hello Campo,

I was wanting to switch to VM but there is some confusion on my address which the triage and Sales team could not assist with.  My post code is bringing up a Flat C (no service) and a Flat 3 (service available) for the same house number/same road/assume same city?

Could you a look?  If you have access to maps behind the scene that would help!

Thanks

C

Hello,

There is a lot of virgin cabling roadworks happening right now in the EH33 Tranent area.  Is there a way to know which properties likely to be getting virgin. I registered some time ago our interest in getting virgin cable and not sure if I should start to.be getting excited or not.  Is there a way to check if there are plans to run cables to my property?  I tried.the postcode lookup on website for.different postcodes across EH33 and they all say no virgin media service yet.

Thanks

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

Please send me your full address via a PM and I will take a look for you. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

satcom1
Joining in

Hi

i had a reply from you back in may why hasn’t anyone come back to me this has been going on for 2 years now 

all you do is go via pm to take the conversation away from the main board AND THEN NOTHING 

I can see that you are on line and dealing with all the questions people have to answer move them over to pm and leave them hanging on there 

the least virgin could do is reply with something more concrete to help all the people that want info on when they will get VM 

I will be posting again on the main forum of  the service I have received from VM 

Hi satcom1,

I'm very sorry if you have not heard back from your cable my street inquiry.

I'm going to pop you over a private message to see if I can get an update for you.

Please check the purple envelope for a message from me.

Kind regards,

Beth 

Beth

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Beth_G

I am still dealing with the cable my street issue put forward. 

Thanks

I have been in touch with them today. 

Hi guys,

First post so be gentle 🙂

We've recently had letters saying VM are cabling our street, and the digging is happening and cabinets are popping up.  The contractors have marked all the properties that look to be included in the build, but the houses on our side of the street (theres at least 20-odd) don't seem to have the pavement marked out for build yet.

Could it be that we aren't included in the build (and if thats the case I'll be quite disappointed :()? Or could it be we aren't included in the first phase (though looking at the roadworks.org.uk site - this lot of digging is the only one around here by VM this year).  We are receiving letters saying its coming to our street...nothing about to our house though.

Any info would be great 🙂

Haydn

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Hwr1983 and welcome to our community.

If you've received letters confirming that they're cabling your street they will be looking to get everyone connected to the network if possible. 

Thanks, Emily.

campo7
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi

happy to look at this in the morning. 

please PM me your full address 

Thanks

@campo7 - PM sent 🙂