cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Have you signed up for updates via our cable my street link https://www.virginmedia.com/postcode-checker?refresh=true. The team will be in touch as soon as they have plans to cable your postcode. ^SL

Andy111
On our wavelength

Hi Steve, if you notice he has already said he has signed up via the site. Is there any chance the reps like yourself actually contact the build team to get a better idea and then feedback upto info, rather than the useless cable my street webpage.

This post ain't aimed at you directly, but as I've raised recently, it seems all you mods do now is say "have you registered via our website" 

The old mods used to actually go out of their way to speak directly to build teams and get the info first hand, whereas now it seems too much trouble and this forum is becoming pointless as a result.

I will try to contact the build team now @Andy111.

Please could you give me your postcode @skimarqueshc and we can get this looked into.

Thanks

Steven_L 

@Steven_L

Sorry I thought I put the postcode in, it would have helped you

GL1 5QZ

Andy111
On our wavelength

Thanks Steve. Much appreciated. I apologise over my rant earlier however it's just frustrating when all you seem to get now is "have you checked the cable my street" webpage. Yes I understand it is there for a purpose, however it doesn't really say much, other than to say whether you can get Virgin. However if you can't, that's basically it. It doesn't give any other info for the future.

Anyway been as you have been very helpful is there any chance you can also check my Postcode which is ST7 1NX. We were cabled in July and Comnex 2000 did say this week we would be activated today, however again when I try to order your services it's still saying it's not available.

Any update as to when we go live?

Many thanks Andy.

Hi Andy111, 

Just popped you over private message so I can get a few more details from you 🙂

Alex_Rm

Hi,

I posted on here few months ago. Member of the team said that they would chase up the relevant team and get back to me. I am yet to hear anything, could anyone help with this?

I have already registered with cable my street many months ago. 

Many thanks

Sohail

Hi sohail187,

I will send you a invite for a private chat so we can get that info from you so I can send this to our lightning team.

I will send you an invite shortly , please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

You are very welcome, enjoy the last of the weekend.

Regards

Paul.

zish_uk
Joining in

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could help. I have been regularly entering my details on the link for the last 4.5 years. I have never received a call back from VM.

The streets around me are all VirginMedia but my street doesn't have it.

Is anyone able to help? My post code is LE5 2FJ. Can VM not pull a cable from the houses located behind me?

Thanks,

Zish