cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Evening Nated2018,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us here on the community 🙂

In order to help, I will need some information from you, so I'm going to drop you a PM (little purple envelope in the top right hand corner)

Once I have this I'll be able to look into things for you.

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM

Antanatar
Joining in

Hi there,

Just wondering if there has been any update to whether Virgin are connecting my area... I PM'd Gareth a couple of weeks ago

Cheers

Kevin

Hi, is anyone able to answer my question from last week?

Thanks

Hi, so i can get some more information from you and get this to the correct team, i am going to invite to to a private message in a few moments. 

Andy 

Sorry for hijacking your thread but where did you manage to get a screenshot of the works and where they would be carried out?

https://www.elgin.org.uk/support

On there mate, have a look on it. You can either look at todays, roadworks, next few weeks, upto 3 months or 12months. If you narrow it down to your area and then see icons that tells you what it concerns. For example a telephone icon is Virgin or one of the other telecommunications companies. Green means little disruption to traffic on a main road, Yellow a bit of disruption, red potential for quite a bit. 

Then if you click on the particular icon it tells you the nature of the work.

One thing I have noticed is the dates can be slightly out, but generally it gives you an idea

Mallyh
Joining in

Hi there,

I am shortly moving to a new build adjacent to a virgin cable line. Could you advise if there are plans to connect these houses please.

Postcode DL38EH

Thank you 

MH

Good evening MallyH

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums.

Great to hear you are wishing to join us, you can register your interest here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi. I just wondered if there was any more news on this?
I'd still very much like to have Virgin installed to the rest of my street.

Thanks

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi tolucophoto, 

Thanks again for your patience.

I have had some news back from the team: I have just spoken to someone in regards to this NBU as nothing has happened with it since May 2016. We’ve assessed this area and because of the dropped curbs and shared drives block paving (Construction Wayleave). The costs for DNA to do the works goes a little over budget. We will need a review by RNP to check they are happy with it but looking at the estate, it appears a very straight forward build

We have raised this to be reviewed under reference: NBU 32425. 

For now there isn't any more info but it's a step in the right direction. As soon as I have more information I'll come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi tolucophoto,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. I have emailed the team and asked for an update on this for you.

I will be back in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks

Lindsey_C