cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Hi Andy111, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to advise: The address is definitely part of the plans to be built. The project itself is quite big so the customer may not see anything happening on their street for a while yet. Unfortunately we wouldn’t be able to give specific timescales of when it will all be complete, it can sometimes take months.

Hope this helps alleviate some of your concerns. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi ashleywillis832, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I checked this one for you. 

The team have come back to advise: Unfortunately there are no current plans to install services at this address. It may be something looked at in the future.

Apologies - I know this isn't the news you were hoping for. Fingers crossed you'll be included in the next plans. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kieron, 

Thanks for your post and I can certainly check for you. 

I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Andy111
On our wavelength

Brill thanks again Kath, for looking into this for us.

Hi Kath_F,

Is there any update for me as of yet by any chance please?

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Yes the team has come back to me to advise: This job has just gone out to build recently. Unfortunately I don’t have a timescale on when this will be complete. I can say however, it’s being built in 3 phases and this address sits on the first phase.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi, I started this thread over a year ago and was wondering if I could get any more information on if my house will be cabled? I can see a Virgin cab out of the window, but only the other side of the street was ever cabled. Our side of the street can't even get BT fibre when everybody else around us can get either BT or Virgin. I'm sure most of our side of the street would sign up to virgin given the opportunity. Thanks Ryan 

I would like to ask same question.Street 20m from mine is fully cable already for years now.

Hi piotresce 

Thanks for your interest 

Have you called our Sales Team recently 0800 183 1234

You can also register your details here

Regards 

Gareth_L

Leenem
Tuning in

Hi, I've registered my address on the cable my street site and I've been led here out of curiosity really. I'm wondering if someone could tell me if there is any plans to cable my street as I've been stuck with BT rubbish since we moved six months ago, and previous to that I was a virgin customer since the ntl days and really missing the reliability and speeds. Thanks in advance Postcode is ol26wj