cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi Andy111, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one 🙂 

I have sent an email requesting an update. As soon as I have a reply I will come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Andy111
On our wavelength

Thanks Kath, appreciate that

Hi Andy111, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to advise: The plans were sent to the build contractors on 22/01/2019. The build contractors will be beginning work if they haven’t already in the next few days.

Hope that makes you smile 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath (or other Moderator),

You had advised to check back early this year for a roll out in my area, I now see virgin media working on the road just back from mine. Could you advise further about NBU 79837. If you need my exact address, please PM and I will reply.

Regards,

Malcolm

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Empwan 

Thanks for allowing us the time to look into this for you

The teams have come back with the below update:

Both of these streets are showing as private so we would be unable to proceed without permission.

We will raise this with Wayleave and then once Wayleave agreed will pass to planners to see if within budget.

As this requires Wayleave unfortunately there is no timescales for this.

Please pop back in a month or so to check back in again on the back of this.

Kind regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

apc573
Joining in

Thanks for looking into it again for me Kath_F

Thank you Kaz_A

I've no idea what Wayleave is, could you point me in the direction of some info?

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Empwan 🙂

Sure thing!

https://www.virginmedia.com/lightning/network-expansion/wayleave

Speak soon!

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

ashleywillis832
Joining in

Hi, would you be able to help out with this enquiry.

We have just moved into a new build estate in ravenstone.Our postcode is LE672AY the whole village has access to virgin media apart from our estate would you be able to check if it's going to be rolled out here ? There's a lot of people wanting virgin on the estate as the max internet speed we can get is 20-30mbps. Like I said the whole village has virgin and properties as close as 10-15meters away have virgin. Thanks 

Andy111
On our wavelength

Thanks Kath. Again appreciate your time looking into this. 

However you say the build team have advised the Build Contractors should be now building or at least in the next few days. When you get chance could you please double check with your build team that, that info is definitely for [REMOVED] Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire ST7 [REMOVED] The reason I ask is as yet we haven't received any letters to inform us of any work due, nor is there any sign of roadworks / Cabling works in the street or nearby. Lol

Again I look forward to hearing from you.

[Mod Edit – Removed Personal Information ]