cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

louistn
Joining in

Hi, 

I am moving into a new build property in London next month. I was looking at the possibility of having virgin media as it was always a very good service when I was at uni - however it is saying it is not available in my area. Is this because it's a new build? Will the service be available any time soon? 

Cheers,

Louis 

apc573
Joining in

Hi,

I am checking in again to see if the installation is going to be arriving in my area. Again, we were informed in July 2018 that Virgin was being installed in our area and myself and a neighbour signed a wayleave form due to shared access. Surely we must be getting it sometime soon? We have been waiting for this for a long time as the service on other providers is unacceptable at the minute. If there is no confirmation of it arriving, is there anyone I can speak to personally to find out what is exactly going on, beyond this forum? At this rate, it seems it will never arrive unless myself and our neighbours push it.

Other streets in the area have received installations as well.

Postcode: DE75 7TZ, Sandringham Drive

Best wishes

Adam Cotterill

Hi Kath_F

Please could I ask if you could check if my area will be getting virgin media, there is some confusion around the street as to if it's coming to us or not, and if it is I don't want to lock myself into a contract elsewhere.

Postcode: CF31 5AJ

Many thanks

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Empwan

Thanks for allowing us the chance to look into this for you.

The lightning teams have said that this opportunity is less that 500 homes and is being reviewed now by our DNA Hot desk teams to see if this is a feasible opportunity for the future.

Once they get back I'll let you know what they have said.

Kind regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Adambr00kes
Joining in

Hi.

Moved into my current address 5 years ago. Been trying to get Virgin Media installed for the entirely of this time. I have gotten my landlord to get wayleave forms filled in and sent into Virgin Media about 4 years ago and still no cable services available here. Can someone please check if there is plans for here at all please.

Very frustrating when there is virgin installed all around me but not at my property.

Cheers in advance.

Adam

Hi Louis, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. 

I'm afraid New Builds that haven't had the cables laid during build would need to be adopted by the Local Authority before we can lay cables. This usually takes around 5 years. 

Until then we will not be able to lay cables. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adam 🙂

Thanks for coming back to me on this one. 

I have sent an email over to the teams to see if there has been any update since November for you. 

As soon as I have one, I'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

danchappers and Adam, 

Thanks for your posts and it's great to hear that you are both looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see what's going on in your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

@Kath_F wrote:

danchappers and Adam, 

Thanks for your posts and it's great to hear that you are both looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see what's going on in your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Done 🙂

Hi Kath, hope you are well. I've just send you a pm as requested. I look forward to your reply. Thanks for your assistance. Andy