cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

580 REPLIES 580

Hi Cam47,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2019 roll out planned as well as some of 2020 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Cam47, 

Thanks for coming back to me via Private message with your information. 

Checking in to this address it looks as though there is construction work needed. unfortunately we've not been able to get the Wayleave permission needed to arrange construction. This is on permanent hold for now. 

Check back in with us in 2020 and we can check on this one again for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Russett_House
Joining in

Hello there

I wonder if you could look into a street cabling query for me.

Virgin broadband is available to the properties (at post codes BR1 2PF and BR1 2RQ) on either side of our property (BR1 2GJ) and directly across the road (no 3 Park Farm Road), but is not showing as available yet for us. I suspect that this is because the 2GJ postcode is a new one from 2014 (before redevelopment, it was 2PF like the other Park Farm Road properties.

There are 9 properties at BR1 2GJ, all of whom are very keen to get away from the 6mbps that BT are providing, and all of whom are no more than 30 yards from existing Virgin cabled properties.

What do you suppose our chances are??

Regards

JVL

Hi JVL,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some houses have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 
We already have a full 2019 roll out planned as well as some of 2020 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message JVL.

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

You are mightily kind, Kath. Thanks.

JVL

No problem at all JVL. 

The team have come back to advise: Looking at Nextool the area appears to have no footpath and will require extensive carriageway works. Also the MDU will need to be assessed by the MDU Wayleave team.

We won't be looking at making plans for this area for a long time. 

Apologies but it's not good news. If this changes we shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Empwan
Joining in

Hi Kath_F

Can I ask you to check out an area for me that doesn't currently have Virgin Cable installed to see if there are any plans for 2019/2020 installations.

The postcode is HA46NL and HA46NP

6NL has 71 properties, 6NP has 43 properties.

Although BT is available in 6NL it isn't in 6NP. Due the the high density of trees Sky is mainly not available either.

I believe Virgin Cable is available very close by as I can see there WiFi signals, I assume HA4 6NJ can get it which are no further than 20yds (back gardens) away from HA46NL.

If there aren't any plans, are we able help change their minds with an offer of helping to pay with the installation. Between the 114 properties I'm sure something can be done.

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Empwan

Thanks for joining us on the forums and welcome to the community.

I've popped this over to the Nex teams to see if this is something they are considering.

It can take them a week or so to get back to us so we will keep you posted if they do

Kindest regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Empwan

The teams have come back to say there are no current plans for this area but they have asked the Lightning Creation team to see if this is something that can be included in a future plan.

To keep up to date with this please keep checking on the Service Checker page

Kind regards

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"