cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

580 REPLIES 580

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Adam

Kath's not in this evening so I'll check back in in the morning with her to see if we can resend the original mail she sent back in October for you.

Thanks again and speak son 😄

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Thanks. I was just wondering that there must be some definite way of finding out when it is due to come to my area if they have confirmed they are coming. Is there anyone else I can speak to as well? This issue can’t seem to be raised when you want to contact them through customer services, it’s more tailored to people that are already with virgin. 

Hi apc573, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one.

I did post an update here for you: Cabling my street

I'm afraid we're not looking at installing at the moment due to the budget costs. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath, at least that clears some things up and sorry I didn't know you had posted in my other thread as an update. OK, I will perhaps check back in sometime in a few months.

Best wishes,

Adam

That's OK. It's easily missed sometimes when there are multiple threads. 

Yes, come back to us and we can always check for another update in future. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hey guys,

I used to be a Virgin customer and the service was awesome but sadly as I moved home four years ago the service was no longer available to me. I live in Eccles, M30 0FQ and have regestered through cable my street on the day I moved in to the new house.To this day I have had no update but as far as I know on the other side of Eccles Virgin Media is available. Does anyone here know of any future plans in this area or have any updates?

I was initially with BT on 76MB unlimited for arouond £56pm but when I found out Vodafone were only £24pm for the same service without line rental I snapped it up. I gave BT the chance to make me an offer in order to stay with them but they flat out said no,so Vodafone it is until I get my mitts on Virgin. The irony is that Vodafone are just reselling BT's service, god knows why it is so cheap!

Hi Nated2018,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Nated2018,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via Private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Cguk1,

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this. Apologies for the long delay. 

The team have come back to me to advise: There are no current plans for this area.

Apologies. Check back in with us in 2020 as this may change by then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Nated2018, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this one for you. 

The teams have come back to advise: I can see this was attached to an NBU, but that it was cancelled in 2016. This means there's been no further work since then. 

Apologies but it doesn't look as though we'll be installing anytime soon. 

I have forwarded this on to the opportunity creation team to see if this could be looked at in future but they usually take a month or 2 to come back to us. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team