cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi Tigsteroonie, 

Thanks again for sticking with me on this. 

Looks like we can cancel that date in December 😞

The team have come back with further information to advise: There no current plans to progress this further. We will be re-looking at this area in 2020

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I'm also wondering when VM plan to make cable available in my area - can you help me find out please?

Thanks

John

Hi again Kath,

Thanks for finding out for me. I saw some virgin media works going on in my area today. By the following:

"This address is on an NBU that has been removed from the plan for this year. It may come back into the plan for next year but we have no confirmation on this yet."

Does this mean there is a chance it could come back into scope next year?

Hi gleepy,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Techman, 

It could potentially be a spotter checking things out however based on what the team came back with last time, it wont be for a good while yet. 

Pop back to us next year and we can check things again for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi kath,

No the VM people i saw were carrying out large works in my Town on the main street, which is about 800m from my house, so it does look like they are coming to my town, its just a question of when/if they will be coming to my road. Presumably they will be doing most of the town id have thought

Username1234561
Joining in

Hello, I was wondering if you could find out when virgin media will be available in my area please. 

Hi,

I'm also wondering when VM plan to make cable available in my street - can you help me find out please?

Thanks

Hi both, 

I certainly can check this out for you 🙂

I'll need some information from you both. I have sent you each a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Username1234561, 

Thanks for coming back to me via Private message. 

Checking our the address you sent me, it's not finding anything. Is this a brand new New Build? If not can you check the address you typed and send to me again 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team