cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi welshy1812, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to advise: After looking into this address I’ve found this is part of the Halfway project on NBU 145671, unfortunately the project is on hold at this time due to the CPP being too high.

Apologies but you're not in the plans to go live on this occasion. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath,

Would it be possible for you to check if there are any plans for the new build flats i live in? The rest of immediate area already has access to Virgin services.

Thanks, Calum

Sure thing loviecw 🙂

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, 

My street was once showing as planned and now shows as just not available, is there some way to find out if it's on the cards in the next year or so?

Thanks

Malcolm

Thanks Kath, what is CPP and if the project is on hold does that mean it could still go live at some time in the future ?

@welshy1812 would take a guess at Cost-Per-Point (CPP) this can also include Cost-Per-Thousand (CPM), e.g. cost of install would be greater than cost of return, since installation of an area can run into easily ten of thousands and possible more.

Hi loviecw,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi welshy1812, 

As mentioned by paultechy CPP is Cost per point. 

In terms of whether this will go live, it won't be before 2020. The team will be relooking at this then and will re-cost the works and compare it to the budget. 

Come back to us in 2020 for an update. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Malcolm, 

We can certainly take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me with your information so quickly Malcolm. 

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team