cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

lio256
Joining in

I recently moved to a new build block of 4 story flats which seems to be wired for Cable/Sat and broadband during planning as they have access points throughout the property. The house less than 5m next door is eligible for Virgin Media services but mine asks to register interest which I have done now several times but yet to receive a sufficient response. The only response I did get was that there may be no network in the area, but with such a little distance between the two properties it's hard to understand this a complete answer. Thanks

Hi jgsjoinery, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The team have come back to say that it looks as though orders are being accepted at the address you gave me,. 

To take advantage, speak to the Sales Team on 0800 183 1234.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Dave881, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The teams have come back to advise that your address IS in the plans under reference: NBU 52694. 

There are no estimated completion dates loaded on the system yet however plans to start work will be within 2019. 

Still a while off however atleast you're in the plans 😄 

Check back in with us next year for an update. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Ayster, 

I have an update 🙂

The teams that I sent this off to have advised: Unfortunately this project is no longer progressing. It looks like this is being potentially considered for inclusion under a new opportunity in the area but this has not currently had approval for planning or put onto a build schedule so it would be at least 2020 before build would begin if it were to progress.

It looks as though it's going to be a while 😞

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

No worries. Thanks anyway Kath

Cheers

Ayster.

welshy1812
Tuning in

I wonder if it would be possible to find out if there are any plans for my area ?

Currently a very mixed bag around me, some homes have FTTC, a few have FTTP and most have ordinary broadband.

thanks, Craig

Gareth11
Joining in

Hi can you advise if there are any future plans for Virgin ever coming to the city of Crewe, Cheshire? 

Thanks

Hi welshy1812,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information 🙂 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

A-TNR
Tuning in

Hi, would it be possible to know if VM have any plans to cable the BT28 3NT postcode?

It is a relatively new development but I would have thought you’d work like the other utility companies and install the cable ducts prior to the roads being surfaced?

To be honest - I’m actually a little surprised not to see you’s extend into this area yet as it quite a large development and the current VM network appears to reach right to the entry of the street. 

I’d hate for you’s to decide in a year or two to expand into this area and then dig up the newly laid street - makes such a mess of the road and always ends up with pot holes.

More importantly - I don’t like the prospect of moving to a property that limits me to poor OpenReach speeds.

Thanks

Thanks Kath 🙂