cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Any updates on my  area yet...

Hi Dave881, 

No update on your area yet. 

As soon as I do, I'll come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Techman 🙂
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Techman, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team on this one. 

They've come back this morning to advise: This address is on an NBU that has been removed from the plan for this year. It may come back into the plan for next year but we have no confirmation on this yet.
You'd be looking at 2020 now I'm afraid 😞

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

I'd like to know if and when VM are going to cable my street, we appear to be in a 'black hole' of Manchester that missed Virgin's attention.

Can you check for me if I provide more details by PM?

Hi jgsjoinery,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message 🙂
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tigsteroonie,
Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tigsteroonie,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message 🙂
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tigsteroonie, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited to hear back from the team on this one.

They have advised the following: The Address looks like It was on NBU74126 but this was cancelled and re-scoped under NBU144854 but there’s little planning information at this time. Check back in with us at the end of the year

So it looks like you could potentially be in the plans for next although it is very early stages. 

Pop us a post in December/January and we can check for an update. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thank you - note in the diary for December!