cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Thanks Kath. Will wait with baited breath! 🙂

Hi ianjenn,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly with your information. 
I've sent an email over to the Build teams now to check on this for you. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ffogboy, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to me today to say: I’m afraid we have already looked into that area and to put our network in the ground it would be far too expensive so this is not going to be an area we plan to install for now.

I know this isn't the news you were hoping for. Check back in with us in 2020 and we can check on this again for you. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Ayster, 

Thanks for your patience on this one. 

The teams have come back to me to say that this property is linked to a large project, but there has been no progression regarding this for some time.

Due to this, I've forwarded this over to a different team dealing with projects already in the plans so I will come back to you once I have an update from them. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for the info Kath, sounds interesting! 🙂

Hi kath,

I am wondering if you can help me. We desperate for VM in our area. I saw a man carrying out a survey last year and he said VM was coming soon. On your website it also used to say that but no longer does. Any chance you could check what the situation is? I will pm you details. Thanks

saty21
Joining in

Hello Kath and Virgin Media team

My street is currently not cabled, but the surrounding ones are. I have signed up for updates and asked for someone to look into it, but haven't heard anything for a very long time.  Please can someone look into it just so I have an idea if it is even a possibility in the remote future?

Thanks

Satnam

Shafreya
Alessandro Volta

Plans are fully booked for 2018 and most if not all of 2019 by now. If you haven’t heard anything I wouldn’t expect anything for the next year.

jgsjoinery
Joining in

just moved into a new build property and phoned for service options from virgin.  been told the houses 2 to 10 are cabled and on the system but the odd numbers are not. im number 1. exchanges done this week on all the odd numbers and i know including myself 3 households are now waiting for cable works to be done before getting service from virgin.  Its Magpie Road, Cotgrave, Nottinghamshire, NG12 3TX.

please can someone look onto this for me and give me some kind of timescale.  BT already hooked up and ready to go but im really keen to get virgin media. 

Thanks James Sinclair

Hi all, 

Thanks for your posts. 

I'll pop you each a private message with the details I need to check things out for you. 

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team