cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi. I am keen that cable comes to my street. A new estate has just been built next to me which I think is serviced and other parts of the village are serviced.  Any chance someone could give me a clue as to whether this might happen.  Thanks. 

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the response.

Do you know if there is anything a local resident can do to address the Wayleave issue or if you can identify where the rejection cropped up? The estate has seen a fair amount of turnover in residents in the past two years, so it might be that any historic objections might not be as pervasive any more.

Thanks,

Phil

Ayster
Joining in

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me if my street is likely to be cabled in the future, I've registered on Cable My Street a couple of years ago but never heard anything.

Thanks in advance,

A

Hi Pip720, 

Thanks for coming back to me. 

At this stage, I'm afraid not. Even though there may be a high turnover, as this was declined elsewhere, this means it was down to possible council or association. 

Apologies but we're not going to be able to offer you services. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi everybody, 

In order to check if your properties are in the plans, I'll need some information from you. 

I've sent you all a message requesting some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi

Could you provide any information on my street.

We received a note through the door many months ago suggesting you will be cabling the area and indeed many of the surrounding streets have been dug up. But as yet there are no signs that virgin are coming our way. We are in a particular black spot for fibre in that BT have yet to arrive and many in our street are now contemplating a 4g alternative. however I don't want to sign up to a capped 4g plan if you are coming soon. cablemystreet for which I have registered used to be much more informative than it is these days.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have tried emailing the northern liaison officer but they don't reply.

Hi Dave881,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me with your information Ffogboy.
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Ayster,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi ianjenn, 

In order to check if your property is in the plans, I'll need some information from you. 

I've sent you a message requesting some details. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team