cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi ricecookiecake and southpaw83, 

Thanks for your posts 🙂

I can double check both your areas although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi DreadLindwyrm, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back and said the following: Unfortunately there are no current plans to install at that address. There was an old job under ref 70076 however this was cancelled. 

We won't be looking at this area again until 2020 now. 

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi,

I just found this thread... I know we have Virgin cabled to the area and I know my neighbour 2 doors away has it at their house but I have just had to register on Cable My Street as it's currently not an option for my house.

Could you please have a look for me as well - happy to send my postcode and house number by DM.

Many thanks

Hi owsters,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. 

I can double check your area although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi southpaw83, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi southpaw83, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Many thanks

Could you please  tell me if my street will get cable........

Thanks for coming back to me with your information owsters 🙂 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi southpaw83, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I checked in to this one for you. 

The team have come back today with the following: I have looked into the area that this address is located and currently there are no plans for install in this area.

Apologies. This may change in future so check back in with us in 2020. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @Pip720

Here is the post I was referring to in my private message 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team