cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hi Pip720, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via Private Message. 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

We're not based in the Birmingham Office no. We're in sunny South Wales in the Swansea office 🙂
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath. 

Look forward to hearing from you. 

Hi Pip720, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this for you. 

The team have come back to me today to advise: We do have plans to build in the Tile Hill area, however, this specific address can currently not be built. A rejected wayleave elsewhere prevents us gaining access to build at this address.

Due to the wayleave being rejected, it's unlikely we will be able to provide services to you.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi MrParmar, 

Thanks for your patience whilst I looked in to this one. 

The team have come back to me today to advise: Turner Rise was identified as an opportunity for VM to provide services, was planned and issued to our build partners last year. However, additional costs incurred on the Project caused the overall cost of the build to exceed our budget. Therefore, for the time being, this job has been placed On Hold and we are unable to advise of a potential release date.

It possible that the build will continue once budgets have been assessed however this won't be looked at again now until 2020.

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi, are there any plans to cable Cemetery Road in Sheffield?

S11 8FN.

The cable my street page says there's no available service, but we're just on the edge of the city centre.

I'm weighing up my options for BB services at the moment, and it would help me decide whether to wait or not if I knew a possible cable date for the street.

Hi DreadLindwyrm,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath_F,

I appreciate your engaging approach to future (and current) customers of Virgin Media!ZShot 176_LI.jpg
I live in almost the heart of London - South West London in Tooting
I currently have Virgin media in my house and I am moving into Tooting (the same town!) and would really like Virgin Media.

But we cannot get it in our new flat! Even though there's Virgin media availability all over town! Why can't they just connect it to almost exactly the same road, please see this picture on the right, the black arrow is the road we are on, the green is where Virgin media cable is available....surely we should be able to get it.

We are moving to a relatively new build block of flats built in 2010, so I would have thought Virgin serviced here.

The postcode is SW17 0DL

southpaw83
Tuning in

Hi

Was with Virgin for years and moved house nearly two years ago. Would love to move to Virgin, but it's not available. The estate is a about 12 years old, the frustrating thing is the older estates around it are all cabled for Virgin

Any chance of checking if we have any chance? Will PM postcode

@ricecookiecake wrote:

Hi Kath_F,

I appreciate your engaging approach to future (and current) customers of Virgin Media!ZShot 176_LI.jpg
I live in almost the heart of London - South West London in Tooting
I currently have Virgin media in my house and I am moving into Tooting (the same town!) and would really like Virgin Media.

But we cannot get it in our new flat! Even though there's Virgin media availability all over town! Why can't they just connect it to almost exactly the same road, please see this picture on the right, the black arrow is the road we are on, the green is where Virgin media cable is available....surely we should be able to get it.

We are moving to a relatively new build block of flats built in 2010, so I would have thought Virgin serviced here.

The postcode is SW17 0DL

As an answer, if the building was not prewired for VM when it was built, its unlikely VM will be able to cable it as they don't usually cable anything 3+ stories anymore unless its prewired/had the infrastructure factored in when the flats were built.

Hi DreadLindwyrm, 

Thanks for coming back to me with your information 
I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 
If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team