cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

benjiib
Joining in

hello i had the same issue i live in a cul-de-sac with 30 houses and you cabled numbers 1-20 and then left... 

1, what was the point in doing that 

2, will they ever be back

3, im sick of getting oh sign up for cable my street... i did and you did half of it and now you did half of the street i have 50% less interest in my street!!!

Hi benjiib,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where part of some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 

We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 

I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi benjiib,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information 

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi

We live in the villages outside of Didcot.  BT is our provider in this area with no Virgin available this far in the area.  I’ve requested via ‘Cable my Street’ in the past, but it still looks like there is no light in the horizon and we’re stuck with sub-par (putting it mildly) phone and broadband connection with BT.

Are there any rural initiatives planned for connectivity with cable in the future?

Many thanks

Elle

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elle

Rural areas tend to cost more and therefore are not included as a rule but if yu'd like to pop me some details I can check for you.

Please PM me and I'll check in with the teams for you.

• Your name
  • The full address
  • The developers name
  • The development name

To PM* me, simply:

Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi benjiib,

Thanks for your patience whilst I waited for news from the team on this one. 

They have come back to me today to advise: 'This address was part of a larger opportunity that was cancelled for excessive costs. It may be looked at again in the future but we can see no plans at the moment.'

This may be something that changes in the future but not until at least 2020. 

Apologies.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Elle

Just checking in to see if you would like me to look into this for you?

If so just pop me a PM 😄

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Hi Karen/Kath,

I moved into my new house about 6 months ago, and was previously a long time virgin customer. My new place doesn't have fibre coverage yet and I'm growing interminably fed up with the dubious "not traffic managed" ups and downs of my current ISP (who shall remain unnamed, but rhymes with toblerone).

I grossly miss the stability of our old Virgin fibre connection and would love to find a way of getting connected once more. The estate on the other side of the main road from mine had fibre installed about 2-3 years ago, and I'm really hoping ours is on the wait list? I have registered interest through the postcode checker 'keeping in touch' system.

Is there anything you might be able to do to check as to whether my estate (in Tile Hill, Coventry) is likely to see Virgin Fibre any time soon? I can PM you details if you would like.

Kind regards,

Pip

MrParmar
Tuning in

Good morning Kath / Karen,

similarly to Benjiib I would also like to understand if and when my area is apart of the rollout? 

I posted earlier in this thread but have not heard back. Is there any chance you could check for me please? 

Thank You 😊

Hi both,
Thanks for your posts and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.
As already mentioned above in the thread, as much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. 
I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team