Menu
Highlighted
thatdaveguy
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable my street

So I've been waiting patiently for work to start in my village after this article HERE stated fibre was to be rolled out in my area. Work started a short time ago, so I fired off an email to try and find out what packages are going to be available and when they are expected to arrive. Unfortunately, the chap who contacted me back said that my property isn't going to be included in the rollout? Even superfaststaffordshire has my property marked as "existing and planned commercial coverage" I'm hoping someone can perhaps enlighten me further? I have to say I'm somewhat disappointed Smiley Sad

My postcode is ST71SR.

Thanks

wth.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable my street

What you have to bear in mind is VM build their own network. They do not use BT or any other company's infrastructure.

The map does not specifically state "Virgin Media", so while there are expansion plans for Talke/Talke Pitts, someone else (most likely BT Fibre) may arrive first.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi thatdaveguy,

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that you are looking at having Virgin Media installed.

As much as we would love to be able to install everybody, sometimes it's just not possible. There are some areas where some streets have been cabled and others haven't so your issue isn't as uncommon as you'd think. 

We already have a full 2018 roll out planned as well as most of 2019 for new areas and New Builds too but we won't be doing any more in-filling now. 

I can double check to see if your area is in the plans for this year although I'll need some information from you. I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thatdaveguy,

Thanks for coming back to me with your information via private message.

I have sent an email over to the Build teams now to check. 

If and when I get a reply from them, I shall be in touch to let you know what they say. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
thatdaveguy
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, thanks for chasing this up for me.

Today I had a leaflet through to say that works are to be starting in my street in the very near future so I have to say I'm really at a loss now lol. Perhaps its just a case of the left hand not talking to the right, and the guy I spoke to on the phone had inaccurate data? Eitherway, if you're able to speak directly to the build teams I imagine you will be able to clear this up.

Thanks once again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi thatdaveguy, 

Thanks for your patience on this one Smiley Happy 

The team have come back to me this morning to advise the following:

This is part of NBU 52832 but at the minute there is a premise check task going off on several NBU’s with thousands of premises on and this is one of them.

So I can’t give you an accurate update of where we are with this address and if it is definitely going to be built.

Once the NBU has been sorted I will update you.

It certainly sounds promising if you've had a leaflet through the door but for now, I have no definitive answer I'm afraid. As soon as the team come back to me with an update, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos