cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

paultechy
Alessandro Volta
Have you registered on cable my street http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rgjstone

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you have registered on Cable My Street then can you please pop back to me on a PM with:

• Your name
  • The full address

I can then check this with the teams.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rgjstone

Thanks for the PM 🙂

I've popped the details back to our teams and I hope to hear back form them soon regarding this for you.

Speak soon 😄

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rgjstone.

Not good news I'm afraid 😞

The teams have come back to me and said:

I’m afraid we do not have any plans for this address at the moment.

If you'd like to pop back to us sometime in the New Year we can ask again for you,

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Thanks for your help Karen,

I'll check back again in the new year, but if there's any way you can bring attention to specific places then that would be helpful as we're an area within walking distance of Manchester city centre without access to fibre and no plans from openreach either so I'm sure lots of people would sign up to Virgin Media. And given its close proximity to a street that is being cabled...

Thanks again

Hi,

I'm not sure what changed in the plans but our street is being cabled as we speak...

Although the website hasn't changed to reflect this and still shows register interest.

I was just wondering how long the wait usually is from being cabled to when we can place an order or get connected? I'm beyond excited to finally get a decent connection set up.

once the street has been cabled, since a lot of work required behind the scenes, running cables to the head end.. a lot of work on the databases, DHCP etc.. this can take weeks to months.

Ah thanks, I wasn't sure if the cabling was the first or last part of the process. I guess I'll just keep an eye on the website, going to be an agonising wait I guess 😩

Hi Karen,

Ive just come across your forum post and was wondering if you could check with your teams if my Street was in their expansion plans?

About 4 months ago Virgin had a load of matierials and kit delivered on my road and we received a card saying your services were coming to my area. Work then commenced and some work was done to the first 6 houses at the top of the road and then all the work men vanished never to be seen again. 

I would really appreciate if it could check. All I get is BT and I am fed up of them!

Thank You.