Menu
Theagg
Joining in
Message 81 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street but checker saying no service available

Hopefully you will get a message back soon and things can get moving again, as it's been a fair while since the Wayleave agreement was signed and still not even a survey ! Isn't bureaucracy fun.

Housing officer is waiting to help expedite matters...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 82 of 104
Flag for a moderator

I know Smiley Sad

I've sent this off again to them this morning for you.

They have been provided with her email which you gave to me a while back so I've asked has this happened and has anything been done yet on the back of this.

Just waiting for them to update me,

Cheers

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 83 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Any idea what's taking the relevant department so long to reply to the simple question about having received, or not received the 'asbestos report' ? Taking them a long time to get back to you !

Again, they just need to get in touch with my housing officer, as from experience if they have contacted others in the general 'property services' department, those people can be rather slow.

Here's hoping things start rolling soon, again !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 84 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg

They emailed the contact you gave us but had not had a reply from the lady in question. They advised me they would email back as soon as they had had a reply.

I've sent them another email this morning to see if they have since heard back form the lady via email for you from your LA.

I'll keep you posted

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 85 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg

Just an update to advise I am off for a week from today so I will not be in touch until the 5th after this evening.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 86 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Well, I checked with my housing officer but she hasn't replied, so still not certain on that. However, some definite 'action' seemed to take place outside my building today, there were at least two guys lifting up the pavement CATV cover and checking inside that, as well as taking several pictures of the building and also getting out the measuring wheel and rolling that along the pavement from the CATV along the length of the building etc...Unless I missed it, I didn't see any of them enter the building to check the foyer/utilities cupboard though. (They didn't lift up the BT cover to check that conduit from what I saw ...)

So, definite activity then I guess as those can't have been anyone else other than Virgin surveyors ?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 87 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Sounds promising!

I've popped an email off to check into this now I'm back off leave.

I'll keep you posted lovely.

Cheers

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 88 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

They were 100% our guys and I've asked on the back of this visit what the possible outcome is and they have replied to me just now with the below.

I laid on the emotional blackmail in my email and said I'd been working with you for ages and I'd like to see you connected before I leave the business next year. (They're closing this site you see) Looks like it worked though <grins>

It is currently with our planning team and should be completed by next Friday

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 89 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Closing this forum, what will customers do without the likes of your good self to keep up the pressure ?! (pressure from all the way back in March till now, so you certainly need to go out with a success on this one...)

So, when they say 'completed by next Friday' that actually means they expect the building to be connected by then, or just that the planning stage will be completed ? (Have they got to present the plans to the council yet ?) Never can tell with some of these responses. Hopefully the former then but either way I will be keeping an eye out !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 90 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Ohhh they're not closing the forums Smiley Very Happy

They have a social media presence in Manchester and they'll take over most of it.

Regarding the completion they have not been too detailed in their reply to me but hopefully they will confirm for me soon so I can pass this back.

BTW I have a personal profile on the forums too, so I plan on using this to help if possible once I leave otherwise I end up answering my own posts he he

Forum Team

0 Kudos