Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 71 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street but checker saying no service available

Sorry to say but they have not given me times on this but as soon as I hear more you know I'll be back in touch Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed for you, it's been a long old wait.

Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 72 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg

I can see this is being chased again today for you by the Build Coordinator I am liaising with on your behalf so fingers crossed we will hear something soon.

Thanks again

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 73 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

The guy here at the council who your departments are supposedly dealing with to arrange appointments etc was round at my flat today for other reasons and I asked if Virgin had been in touch with him, to which he replied yes. He seemed confused as to why Virgin wanted to gain access to the building (I know why but obviously he isn't up to speed on process etc).

He also doesn't seem to have read the Wayleave agreement which has now been signed, which plainly gives Virgin the right to access the property and install apparatus. Because he then said to me, "oh, we can't let them install equipment in the building.....because that will cost us money". (again he doesn't seem to fully understand what might be required, best options etc) I don't think he has final say in any of this (plus it's Virgin who are paying, not the council) but I see him being a problem when Virgin come to want to do that, having been given the right in the signed agreement !

If he decides to try being a thorn in the process, I will work on that. What would help is, if Virgin do arrange a date to come into the building, with him in tow, make sure Virgin let me know when they are attending, so I can be there as well !

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 74 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

Hope you had a lovely weekend Smiley Very Happy

I've sent that off to the guys for you thanks

They have updated me end of last week with the following too just FYI

I can see on our system that we are still trying to obtain an asbestos report for this one, which we last requested yesterday.

Once we receive this we can look to get this programmed in for survey.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 75 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Given it's a new build I guess there's no asbestos but I'm guessing they have to go through all the formal checks. If the council are slow in responding to that, your team could always try contacting the actual builders, who I guess will have all the relevant details regarding construction still on file...I will PM their details just in case.

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 76 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Any news on the progress of obtaining this 'asbestos report' ? (from either the council or developers) In case I need to pressure the council from my end.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 77 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi theagg

I'm off this week convalescing from a minor op lovely, this is my personal acc. I'm helping the forums using this personal profile while I'm off as it's keeping me occupied 😁

Plus it means I have less to answer next week lol so win win!

I'll check in with them as soon as I'm back in next week chicks. 

Have a fab week!

Cheers 

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 78 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I spoke to my housing officer and she informed me that the relevant people in their property services department don't have any record of an 'asbestos report' request from Virgin, so not sure where your contacts have sent that then ?

My housing officer advised me if they still are waiting on that report, then contact her directly and she will sort it out. (I have given you her contact details before but let me know if you need them again)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 79 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

I've fed that back today for you.

Sorry it's taken a wee while lovely, your reply bumped this out of my work queue Smiley Sad

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again!

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 80 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg

The NBLO James has been in touch and he's checking in re the asbestos report situation for us.

I'll let you know when I know know,.

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos