Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 51 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street but checker saying no service available

Hi Theagg

I've not had an update since yhe email I sent with the pictures you sent me sadly, plus I've had annual leave and a week with bereavement in my family so I've not been here too much over the last 4 weeks myself.

I've sent a chaser off to them this morning.

Many thanks

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

I've been told to check in with our Network expansion Wayleave teams at this point so I've sent them a lovely email, (I promise it was lovely Smiley Wink) to see if we can get further with this for you Smiley Happy

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 53 of 104
Flag for a moderator

HiTheagg

Network Expansion Wayleave have come back to me with the below:

Hi Karen,

For us to connect up a block of flats we would need to arrange to have the whole block pre-wired.

To do this, we would need to know who the freeholder for the block is and they would need to sign a wayleave agreement.

Once this is done, we can arrange for the site to be surveyed and have the freeholder approve those plans. This can then go to build and be released to sales so residents can take services.

Thanks

We have had numerous conversations over the past few months since March and I cannot find in the history if I've asked you for the freeholders name and details if you have them so can you be a star and PM me those details so I can pass them over?

Thanks lovely.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 54 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the updates. Strange comments there as there are examples from the past on this forum of Virgin cabling individual flats externally without the rest of the block being prewired, so not sure why the Wayleave department have come up with that response. (since, of course, the request is for a single flat to be connected, mine, not the whole block)

To be sure, Virgin could effectively bring in a cable into the foyer area of the building and install a distribution point in the 'services' cupboard there where the current BT distribution point is fixed (BT's cable comes in via a conduit from their pavement pit and up through the cupboard floor, into a fixed distribution box in there. Individual cables running to each flat from that box in the cupboard.)

Virgin could in that case, use BT's conduit from the pavement to get into the building, (BT's pavement pit where the conduit breaks from being just a few feet away from Virgin's CATV pit) since it's now legal to do that I believe.

Anyway. PM'ing details as requested

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 55 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

|Thank you soooo much for the PM

I never profess to know the inner workings of Virgin Media as what is ruling one month for a process can change in subsequent months due to process updates, methods of working changes or changes to external policies or permits affecting us when we do works so I just ask the questions and see what we need in the here and now. I've found that's usually easier Smiley Happy

I've popped your PM over thanks lovely.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back again.

Take care.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 56 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

Here's what the rep has come back with for me from our MDU bulk team who were looking into this for us.

Hi Karen,

I’ve had a check and we have approached ***** ******** Council recently about a bulk agreement, but they have advised they are no interested in allowing us to connect their properties to our network.

However, if the resident approaches the council directly to state that they want access, we might be able to use that to at least get this block signed off.

Hope that helps

Have you spoken to the council yourself lovely? If so let me know but if not then give them a ring and see what they say.

Let me know either way.

Thanks

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 57 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I guess that's the kind of response I expected since talking to generic 'front desk' at the council probably doesn't get you to the people best to speak to.

I did ask my housing officer way back around March, or earlier, about Virgin connecting me up, mentioning to her at the time requirements for Wayleave etc, and asked her to find out for me if that would be ok. At the time, after consulting with whoever she spoke to, she replied that connecting up would be ok but given at that time there was no progress at your end I didn't pursue it further with her.

I can get back in touch with her when she is back at work on Wednesday. I'm guessing forms will then be required !

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 58 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Good luck with that lovely!

Keep us posted on how this all goes with them.

If there's anything else you need from me just let me know.

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 59 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I suppose the obvious question would be, if I'm contacting the council directly, is there a form I will need them to sign, that then gets passed back to Virgin ? I've seen 'Wayleave forms' being mentioned on past posts in these forums, so I assume so.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 60 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg

I'm speaking to the MDU team directly and if there are Wayleave forms they need if you can let me know along with a personal contact you are dealing with there and we can make sure that they get them. They may have a contact with us with respect to Wayleave but if not I'll do what I can to enable this and hopefully facilitate this process.

Cheers

Kaz

Forum Team

0 Kudos