Menu
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 21 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street but checker saying no service available

Hey Theagg

The teams have advised of the below:

This has not been a part of any NBU, and I can see it is close to existing network.

My advice would be that they got the other flats to register their interest – that might trigger some action at this end.

An NBU is where an agreed plan has been put in place to connect the network to the properties.

I've popped this one back to the MDU teams ( they deal with flats) to see if this is within their scope.

I'll let you know if we hear back from them.

Cheers

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 22 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Karen.

Attached is a clearer top down map of the current layout around my new build (dark grey block) property (measurements are not exact on this of course)

Given Ofcom's recent rulings on Openreach being required to give access to their ducts and poles to other providers, I'm wondering if this could be done on my property (see the attached map for where Openreach/BT's own pavement chamber and ducting is located) making Virgin connection even easier. As the Openreach ducting comes from that pavement location, via the duct and terminates in the utilities cupboard in the buildings ground floor communal foyer.

layout .jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 23 of 104
Flag for a moderator

No worries lovely.

Thanks for the map and further info.

I've popped this one back too Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

The teams have come back to ask if you're aware if Wayleave has been approved for the surrounding flats and with any neigbouring properties?

If not, then just let us know and we'll see if we need to send out forms etc to those addresses to gain Wayleave agreements.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 25 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

I had spoken about this with the local housing officer a while back (all the flats and land surrounding them are council owned) and she, after communicating with others in the housing department informed me there would be no problems in granting permission to connect etc. But she reported back to me that an official request for Wayleave had not been received from Virgin or anyone (so 'officially' not approved yet. So yes, you would need to send out the form (I assume it comes to me and then I send it to the council ?)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 104
Flag for a moderator

I'll pop this back over to the guys messaging me and will let you know what the process is as soon as they get back to me Smiley Happy

Thanks again for such a prompt reply back!

Cheers

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hey Theagg

The teams have flagged this to our MDU teams, they deal with flats.

If they get back with anything I'll let you know.

Take care.

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 28 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

MDU ? I will take a guess that stands for 'multi distribution unit' ? Odd since as far as I am aware, I'm the only person in the block who has registered interest and is pursuing connection ! [But then again I haven't spoken to most of my neighbours about this, so perhaps some others have]

Nothing back on the Wayleave questions from last week then ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 29 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Nothing since last Thursday lovely, so lets see what they say on the back of today's chaser.

It's Multi Dwelling Units Smiley Happy Fair play you were almost entirely spot on!

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
Joining in
Message 30 of 104
Flag for a moderator

Ooo, A Virgin Media van drove along the road earlier this week but alas, it didn't stop. I was hoping it might have been an engineer checking the 'layout' and location of connection points on site but nope...still nothing then.

0 Kudos