Menu
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 101 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my street but checker saying no service available

Morning- I hope you are well and had a lovely New Year.

I've sent another email off o see if the teams I have been dealing with have had an update from your local housing officer.

I'll pop back when I know more,

Thanks again

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 102 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Here's the latest update I have from the council from 2 days ago. This quote referencing the fire officer when I asked if the plans had been approved by the departments mentioned in the last check before Christmas....

"No Not yet, the gentleman who needs to check has been on extended sick leave, he is now back and catching up on the requests he has."

So basically still waiting on the red tape.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 103 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Ohh nuts.

Keep us posted and I'll pass all of what you advise onto the people who can help push this along when they do Smiley Very Happy

Hope to speak soon!

Karen

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 104 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi lovely

I have some info from the Build officer but it has some specific information in it so I'll pop this to you on a PM.

Speak soon!

Kaz

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 105 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Assuming you are now reading this in your now 'one of the customers' capacity, just to let you know that Virgin are connecting up the building as of today. The truck with all the gear and the workforce turned up at 10am....so 3 to 4 weeks ahead of the planned date, which is good !

Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 106 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi

As Karen is no longer in her job and it was her who has been of great help over the past year I hope whoever now is checking here can be as responsive with the following.

Basically then, the Virgin cable connection to the exterior of the building has been fully completed (as of early today the final bit of green cable routed from the pavement works carried out yesterday and left sticking out the ground in the flower bed next to the external box has been wired into that box) So the building , all 6 flats, now has full access to Virgin's services.

So perhaps whoever has now taken over from Karen can let me know when I can connect up ? At the moment, the postcode checker is still saying 'no service available' so how long before the database gets updated to reflect the fact the cable is now in the external box on my exterior wall ? Hopefully not long, as without that database getting updated, it's not possible to apply online for any service or package etc !

Cheers

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 107 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theagg,

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

It's great to hear that the cabling has been completed on your property. 

I have sent you a private message so I can take a few more details so I can check things over with our sales team. 

Regards, 

Dean C

Superuser
Superuser
Message 108 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Hey @Theagg 

C'est moi 😊

I did try messaging the other day but it never went through sadly. I finished early due to an RTA 2 weeks back. Some numpty smacked into me whilst I was stationary. He was doing between 60 to 80mph. I'm a bit tender! But ok 😉

Hopefully @Dean_C got in touch with whomever he needed to to get this one sorted for you.

If it's being cabled then, providing the account is showing on VMs accounts system in readiness for you to be installed then it's a case of checking the sales section is set to LS which is Live and Serviceable. 

If its UC (under construction) or Wayleave etc which from memory I dont think it was when I last checked 2 weeks back before I left, then you should be almost good to go.

If it's not updated online, that's not an issue so long as the 'Never' account is good to go under LS to become a pending account for you.

Keep me posted! 

Oh and btw I am a Superuser on the forums now (hence me being able to still @ you on here. I dont have staff rights of course so no links to old messages etc or your data as is right if course)

Hope you're well lovely.

Kaz.

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 109 of 125
Flag for a moderator

Ouch, that's a fair old speed to have another car pile into yours, glad it wasn't any more serious !

I've not heard back from Dean yet, so I'm still waiting on a progress update. When you are using the term 'account' what are you referring to exactly (as, of course, I have no existing account with Virgin), I assume it's some kind of placeholder account with my details ? (or referring to an 'account' for the building as a whole) and a 'Never' account, what's that one I wonder..Smiley Happy

Post code checker is still unchanged btw...

0 Kudos
Theagg
On our wavelength
Message 110 of 125
Flag for a moderator

A week on and a mere 35cm to go, that fully cabled up box on my outer wall is sitting ready for the final drill through that last bit of wall to bring me high speed goodness ! But oooh the frustration, since as of yet, 'service still unavailable in your area' and no further news on why I cannot yet get connected...

If the postcode checker still isn't updating, (since when phoning sales it seems that's what they also rely on) is that still an indicator that the relevant departments behind the scenes haven't flipped the right switches or are not in receipt of the updated info ? How long after a building is cabled externally should one expect to then wait before the interior can be connected ? So, in other words,  am I still unable to get connected as a result of 'administrative' issues, or actual technical reasons ?

0 Kudos