Menu
JamezG12
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cable My Street

Hello,

I registered to cable my street about 3.5 years ago and haven't heard anything yet.

The development I'm on is pretty new, all the areas around mine have virgin media. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me if my area was scheduled for having cables laid anytime in the next few years?

If it's not going to be cabled and the reason is cost, would it be possible to raise the funds to pay virgin media to cable the area?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable My Street

Good evening James

Welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch 😄

It's great to hear you're interested in services with us 🙂

I have sent a PM to you that you can find on the top right in the purple envelope if you still need help with this and if you can pop back to me on this that would be great.

Hope to speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

Thanks for your PM

I've popped that off to the Nex teams for you and they are checking in with our Lightning teams to see if the options you have mentioned are feasible.

I'll let you know what they say when they come back to me.

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JamezG12
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen,

Was just wondering if the team had gotten back to you with any information?

Thanks again,

James

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

thanks for popping back to chase.

This was sent to the build teams and they were looking into it for us so  I've popped another email off to chase for a response.

Thanks again

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi James

They have come back to me after I sent this back off last week. Sadly it's a no for now.

This is what they have advised.

I am sorry it's not more positive 😞

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to try for you.

Take care

Karen

Apologies for the delay in replying. Looking at this opportunity it is an extremely low density and the customer is correct in thinking that it wouldn’t come in around our budgets.

In terms of customer contribution, we don’t have a system for this currently, it is something which is being explored but not that we can offer. This opportunity is particularly expensive and from the quick costing I have just completed I would give a rough estimate of around £600 excess per premise to our usual budget which I appreciate is a very high price and not something we would expect a customer to pay.

Forum Team

0 Kudos