Joining in

This cover has gone missing overnight.  Outside my house.cable (Large).jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Montage101, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

I have gone ahead and sent an email to our maintenance team to arrange a new cover to be installed. 

We are currently awaiting confirmation of our request but the team will work quickly to get this sorted. 

Thank you 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Montage101, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. 

I have gone ahead and sent an email to our maintenance team to arrange a new cover to be installed. 

We are currently awaiting confirmation of our request but the team will work quickly to get this sorted. 

Thank you 

Nat

Thanks for the speedy response, Nat.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're welcome 🙂 

Thanks again for taking the time to make us aware. 

I have received confirmation that the ticket has been raised to get this repaired. 

Take care

Nat 

Nat

ScubaDave
Joining in

Hi all,

we had virgin contractors come to do something to our neighbours property! and for some reason was looking through our cable cap and left the cable poking up and no cap put back!

I managed to push our cable back down but the cap is nowhere insight.

is it possible or who to speak to to get a new one as our cable is exposed and would fill up the hole with water over time I should imagine.

kind regards

Dave

1D23BB62-8CF9-4D88-A5B9-835999BB589A.jpeg

80D81891-07C0-40BA-9D0F-34E07F4A0C3B.jpeg

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ScubaDave, 

Welcome and thank you for getting back in touch with us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear the technician left the wires pulled up and exposed. 

I would be happy to arrange for this to be covered but I am afraid I am having some trouble locating your account via the community details. 

I am going to pop you over a quick private message which will be available via the purple envelope in the top right of this page.

Thank you 

Nat

Benhymac
Joining in

I have a damaged cover on the public pavement outside of my home where the Virgin cable is. Who do I need to contact to have it replaced?

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Benhymac,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that there's a damaged cover outside of your house!

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and send a Private Message. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Natalie, I have just had Kelly communications round to put the cable in for my engineer that comes from virgin on the 30th May. They broke the CATV cover outside mine and my neighbours house, it’s also ready to snap even more due to its age, and also it won’t sit flush with the pavement no more.
It is a trip hazard to the public. Can you help or do I get the council to sort this? Thank you…

Hi anneh1953

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about whats happened.

Could you post a picture of the damaged cover please?

This will help us determine what action is needed.

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide