cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFUSION OVER TV PACKAGES

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

At present I have V6 box  with a FUN TV [L] package combined with M100 BROADBAND and TALK UNLIMITED telephone package.  Due to changed financial circumstances I need to reduce my monthly charge of £74-95 a month slightly. I feel the best way to do this would be to reduce my TV PACKAGE as there are many channels I never watch. However its dificult to judge what TV package to reduce to with out losing certain channels such as SKY and SKY WITNESS. Can anyone suggest a lower spec TV package to retain these channels but reduce my monthly outgoing? Is there a comparison listing of channels of the various packages  I can use to help?

G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GROBTIV

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, have you checked the channel guide helpfully provided by @BenMcr above? This should help you decide what you'd like to downgrade and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You only have two core TV options now. Mixit or Maxit. Within Mixit you can then add some 'personal picks'

You can see what's in what the core TV bundles and what are available for Mixit Personal Picks here https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide

Sky One and Sky Witness are in most Personal Picks, although Sky are changing their TV channels next week

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GROBTIV

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, have you checked the channel guide helpfully provided by @BenMcr above? This should help you decide what you'd like to downgrade and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

Thanks for the useful reply. Because I have a legacy package I appear to have what amounts to the Mixit package plus a mixture  of channels from the personal pics packages https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_2019.pdf...

{assuming this is that a  current personal picks package link????}

many of which I do not require. In fact it would appear that the  basic Mixit package plus the Entertainment and Drama personal pick package would suit me fine.

So can you tell me the price of the TV basic MIxit package plus the entertainment and drama personal pick package would reduce my monthly outgoing compared to my current legacy package  FUN [L] which also has elements of the documentary/lifestyle/kids/sport life packages I don't need in addition to the channels I wish to retain.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi GROBTIV,

This is a link to the latest Personal_Picks_July_2021.pdf 

The kids Personal Pick is £5 a month.  With the other Personal Picks, the first one you add is an extra £7 a month, any additional ones are £5 a month. You can cancel the Personal Pick at any time by giving 30 days notice. It won't affect your contract or any discounts you have.

As to pricing, I suggest you speak to retentions (Thinking of leaving us) rather than the Changes to your package team.

Retentions are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract

Should you decide to add a Personal Pick and change to the Mixit package then  call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (Thinking of leaving usbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @GROBTIV,

I'm afraid that we're unable to make upgrades, downgrades, or any other package adjustment to your account via our community forums.

If you're interested in adjusting your TV package, please reach out to our retentions department by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can advise you of your options.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

GROBTIV
On our wavelength

Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice- I have much clearer and up-to-date picture of my TV options now. I think the Mxit package with a personal pick will serve my personal preferences and will contact the retentions department in the next couple of weeks concerning changes to my package. I believe from post 2 that Sky may be changing their TV channels next week so may wait for any changes to the packages to come through.

thanks again

GROBTV

Hi @GROBTIV,

You're welcome and glad to hear that 🙂

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Very Helpful , Thank You.