cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CISAS - How are their outcomes paid?

Fragility
Dialled in

I opened a complaint with CISAS due to severe issues I have been facing with Virgin media since  July. To cut a long story short, I was awarded the amount that I asked for which was the sum of: £207.00 by the Virgin Media Dispute Resolution team.

Because of my troubles, I quickly accepted the compensation amount and the case was deemed as closed. The unfortunate part of the situation (surprise, surprise) is that I still haven't had any contact from the person who addressed my complaint from the VMDR team. No e-mail, no phone call, absolutely no form of contact.

Does the Dispute Resolution team send out the compensation amount in the form of a Cheque? It's just that I've already been waiting 14-days and short of ringing up CISAS, I cannot do anything to contact anyone as I have to wait 20-days before I can re-open the complaint if VM don't fulfil their side of things.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
5 REPLIES 5

Fragility
Dialled in

To cut a long story short, I've had countless issues/problems with Virgin since April/May. They have been out to my house well over 5-10 times, installing cabling underneath my pavement at the front of my house, setting up the appropriate infrastructure and things of that nature. I had to get out the area manager to come and look at the problem and "implement" a solution. This was done but then apparently the local council who Virgin Media need approval of (who they have got plenty of approval of before) have now apparently said "No" and my virgin media account/order was promptly cancelled. 

I got in contact with CISAS towards the latter end of October, I was settled with someone on the VM Resolutions team on the 11th November, which they awarded me the amount that I was asking for which was only 211.00 GBP, I was happy with the result because that was the amount of money that I had lost during the unfortunate months and months of issues. I spoke to someone called Saira and she agreed with my terms. I waited 20-days and nothing, no money in my account, no cheque, nothing.

I very recently (2-days ago) spoke to a member of staff over at CISAS and re-opened my claim and sent over a message to VM and they have now 5-days to reply if not, it will then be getting escalated to an adjudicator, I think he said? so it seems that things are going well, kind of. I just want the money that I'm entitled to. This has been one of the worst experiences of my life, not going to lie. Little pathetic. 

Virgin Media have some of the worst customer service I have ever seen and will not be coming back to the company at any point in the near future. Which is sad.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Fragility

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. I am also sorry you've not received the settlement. 

I'll PM you now to get some details, so I can get the relevant team on this for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi RosariaD

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply. I am also sorry you've not received the settlement. 

I'll PM you now to get some details, so I can get the relevant team on this for you

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Snowball13
Joining in

Hi there,

Can someone please advise me how my case is settled with Virgin and CISAS - Virgin have agreed to compensate me for 100 pound but they have applied it to an account that I have requested to be closed.  the account they applied it to was the reason I raised the dispute.

Paul.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Snowball13. 

I have just responded to your thread. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M